Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have pics or good ideas on how to hide your wires when istalling led lightbar on top front roll cage? Im talking fishing wires through tubing. I dont want them to be visable.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
with my 1st light bar I drilled holes in the driver side a pillar & fished the wire through! When I got my new 1 I just zip tied the wire to the a pillar & learned to live with it!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Having never seen how one is wired up, this may not be much help, but on my SSV overhead stereo, I drilled into the cage where the wire comes out of the unit, and then right behind the drivers seat at the bottom of the cage. Fished the wires through there, and done. So, it should be easily done.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I found a trick when drilling your holes, put some tape where you plan to drill. It tends to keep the drill bit from moving around.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guy's one other question. I dont have a light bar yet but am attempting running my speaker wires in the cage and thought might be best to run some wires for the light bar as well. I know it depends which bar you buy but do they come with all the wire or do you end up using your own wire? If using your own do you just need one or 2 wires?

·
Registered
847 Posts
Guy's one other question. I dont have a light bar yet but am attempting running my speaker wires in the cage and thought might be best to run some wires for the light bar as well. I know it depends which bar you buy but do they come with all the wire or do you end up using your own wire? If using your own do you just need one or 2 wires?
I bought a Rigid Industries lightbar. It came with a whole wiring harness, but I didn't use it. No matter what bar you use or the wiring it needs two wires, one hot leg and one ground. Hope this helps, good luck! Pm me if you need info, be glad to help

·
Registered
12 Posts
I heard that a good way to run wires through the roll bar is to drill your holes and then take a thin nylon rope ( because it is light) and then use a shop vac to suck the end through the bars and out the exit hole. Haven't tried it but will as soon as I get my lightbar.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I heard that a good way to run wires through the roll bar is to drill your holes and then take a thin nylon rope ( because it is light) and then use a shop vac to suck the end through the bars and out the exit hole. Haven't tried it but will as soon as I get my lightbar.
Works like a dream. Then go to a small hardware store and get some rubber pieces to route those wires going thru the cage. Btw hooking up my lights I used 18 gauge wire even that was overkill.

Cheers
Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts