Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Not super helpful, I know. The service manual states:

• For more convenient and accurate testing of EFI components, it is recommended dealers utilize the Digital Wrench®
Diagnostic Software (dealer only). Some testing may be done manually using the procedures provided in this
chapter.
• 80% of all EFI problems are caused by wiring harness connections.

View attachment 653787
You haven’t had any problems with your rzr I just got mine and it’s new 2020 man and it’s getting me crazy

·
Registered
152 Posts
You haven’t had any problems with your rzr I just got mine and it’s new 2020 man and it’s getting me crazy
If I could definitively say that "It's X Y Z and to do this and do that ", I would.

Yeah, I have only 400 miles on my 2020 S and I'd be very upset too. That's why I'm learning everything I can about the car.

But now that you know where the fuel sensor is, you can check the connection. You have an 80% chance of correcting the problem according to the manual.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Yeah, I try not to post anything that I'm not 100% sure on either.
Have u ever had that code like mine and if yes have you fixed it ??? You think if replaced or do something to the pressure sensor it will help ??? I was using mine rzr today and when I was driving it’s just die on me and it’s was hard to start and it die multiple times I Burlie made it home

·
Registered
152 Posts
No, never had that or any other code - just a warning light that I was able to correct. That was because a shock was unplugged. And you bet I was upset - very, very upset.

So, no, I cannot tell you definitively how to fix this: I would if I could. But I can tell you 100% that there is a fuel pressure sensor and where to look for it.

And now that you know where to look for the fuel pressure sensor, I'd like to see you unplug and reinsert the plug at the fuel pressure sensor. I'd also like to see you unplug and reinsert the harness at the fuel pump at the tank and anywhere else fuel system related. I'd even be checking at the throttle pedal and anywhere else I could find or think of that had anything to do with fuel. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Electronics are funny animals and there are a boat load of them on these cars. Not a one of them wants to be unplugged. Over the years, 90% of the electrical problems I've solved involved bad connections.

Even the manual for these cars states that 80% of fuel system problems are bad harness connections.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,685 Posts
66028/8 is Fuel Pump Controller - Abnormal Frequency or Pulse width or Period

Get that thing into the dealer yet? New machine, under warranty, rare problem, probably a waste of time / money to diagnose yourself. They really are going to be the best to diagnose the issue since it's a very rare issue thus far, and they have software that has much better diagnostic capabilities, and it's a new machine, they need to make it right regardless

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
66028/8 is Fuel Pump Controller - Abnormal Frequency or Pulse width or Period

Get that thing into the dealer yet? New machine, under warranty, rare problem, probably a waste of time / money to diagnose yourself. They really are going to be the best to diagnose the issue since it's a very rare issue thus far, and they have software that has much better diagnostic capabilities, and it's a new machine, they need to make it right regardless
Haven’t take it to the dealer I wanted to fix it my self but I guess I have to take it to the dealer

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,685 Posts
I merged your two threads, please keep it all in this one thread, no need for 3+ threads on the same issue

What have you done to try to fix it yourself? Have you checked fuel pressure? Have you checked the electrical connections? Because outside of those two tests, you're probably not going to be able to do much outside of throw parts at it, or take guesses at the issue. The fuel system has it's own computer in those, and there's not much else you can do to diagnose issues with it..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I merged your two threads, please keep it all in this one thread, no need for 3+ threads on the same issue

What have you done to try to fix it yourself? Have you checked fuel pressure? Have you checked the electrical connections? Because outside of those two tests, you're probably not going to be able to do much outside of throw parts at it, or take guesses at the issue. The fuel system has it's own computer in those, and there's not much else you can do to diagnose issues with it..
Am just going to take it next week ... I took it yesterday out and see it will act like that another day and it was no check engine light on and the rzr had power and everything work fine

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,685 Posts
Most likely, you can also tell the dealer what codes you have seen, and they can look further into it. It would be nice to have the code present when you took it in tho.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Most likely, you can also tell the dealer what codes you have seen, and they can look further into it. It would be nice to have the code present when you took it in tho.
That’s the thing right now it’s not on

41 - 60 of 63 Posts