Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

Aspiring Perfectionist
I know 馃榿, it has to to be able to trigger that trouble code, just wanted you to see for yourself. That's a wideband 02 sensor, as used on 2019+ California models, and the new Pro XP.

It has a fuel pressure sensor. Your dealer is clueless, as are a lot of them. This may not be an inline sensor, it may be built into the fuel pump, but it absolutely monitors fuel pressure.

EVAP models use a PWM fuel pump (Pulse Width Modulated), and they have no return line. This type of system HAS to monitor and control fuel pressure via the ECM (it's actually a separate ECM in most cases) since there is no fuel return line. The ECM actually controls fuel pressure based on the engines needs, as opposed to using a vacuum referenced fuel pressure regulator like previous models. 2019 was the first year for this on a RZR, and if someone doesn't know better, then they'd tell you there's no fuel pressure sensor, like your dealer did. Call a different dealer in California that is familiar with the system, and they'll know about it, or at least they should.

When you take it to your dealer, tell them some A-hole on the RZRForum said they should stay up to date on the machines they sell and service. I shouldn't know things they don't.

Registered
Discussion Starter #23
I know 馃榿, it has to to be able to trigger that trouble code, just wanted you to see for yourself. That's a wideband 02 sensor, as used on 2019+ California models, and the new Pro XP.

It has a fuel pressure sensor. Your dealer is clueless, as are a lot of them. This may not be an inline sensor, it may be built into the fuel pump, but it absolutely monitors fuel pressure.

EVAP models use a PWM fuel pump (Pulse Width Modulated), and they have no return line. This type of system HAS to monitor and control fuel pressure via the ECM (it's actually a separate ECM in most cases) since there is no fuel return line. The ECM actually controls fuel pressure based on the engines needs, as opposed to using a vacuum referenced fuel pressure regulator like previous models. 2019 was the first year for this on a RZR, and if someone doesn't know better, then they'd tell you there's no fuel pressure sensor, like your dealer did. Call a different dealer in California that is familiar with the system, and they'll know about it, or at least they should.

When you take it to your dealer, tell them some A-hole on the RZRForum said they should stay up to date on the machines they sell and service. I shouldn't know things they don't.
Ok 馃憣馃徑 you think if I replace that sensor my check engine light will go away??

Aspiring Perfectionist
Ok 馃憣馃徑 you think if I replace that sensor my check engine light will go away??
Possible, but not likely, that sensor is probably not the cause of the issue, but rather how the issue is being detected. I don't think you can replace just the sensor anyway, like I say, it might be built into the pump, it's not listed separately on the OEM parts diagram, so it is included within another part, such as the fuel pump, a fuel line assembly, or purge valve.

Registered
Discussion Starter #25
Possible, but not likely, that sensor is probably not the cause of the issue, but rather how the issue is being detected. I don't think you can replace just the sensor anyway, like I say, it might be built into the pump, it's not listed separately on the OEM parts diagram, so it is included within another part, such as the fuel pump, a fuel line assembly, or purge valve.
Ok I just want to ride my rzr I just gotten it but now I have to take it to the dealership but thanks for your time

Aspiring Perfectionist
Ok I just want to ride my rzr I just gotten it but now I have to take it to the dealership but thanks for your time
I hear ya, sucks real bad to have a brand new machine with problems, I hope they get it sorted out for you quickly! At least it's under warranty still tho

Registered
Ya man it鈥檚 totally normal, every RZR turbo does it, I鈥檓 just messing with ya about it being not normal, I remember the first time I seen it on my buddies 2016 Turbo I couldn鈥檛 believe it was normal or safe, now I don鈥檛 sweat it, and I have lit a cigarette off of it at night in the middle of dunes 馃ぃ

Registered
Discussion Starter #32
Ya man it鈥檚 totally normal, every RZR turbo does it, I鈥檓 just messing with ya about it being not normal, I remember the first time I seen it on my buddies 2016 Turbo I couldn鈥檛 believe it was normal or safe, now I don鈥檛 sweat it, and I have lit a cigarette off of it at night in the middle of dunes 馃ぃ
Yeah but something it鈥檚 wrong with my rzr turbo s velocity it has the check engine light I don鈥檛 know why but this are the codes 15 157 1

Registered
Whatever RWB says that鈥檚 what I would probably repeat verbatim to the dealership when you take it to them, I hope it鈥檚 a simple and of course I hope they honor the warranty no questions asked, good luck man. And keep us posted here on the forum as to how it goes. A lot of people here are not only interested but actually care about you getting your machine running right. Get it switched from Frown mode back to making Smiles!

Registered
Discussion Starter #34
Whatever RWB says that鈥檚 what I would probably repeat verbatim to the dealership when you take it to them, I hope it鈥檚 a simple and of course I hope they honor the warranty no questions asked, good luck man. And keep us posted here on the forum as to how it goes. A lot of people here are not only interested but actually care about you getting your machine running right. Get it switched from Frown mode back to making Smiles!
I think I鈥檓 a big girl I just hav with it
I think I鈥檒l be good I just bought it a week ago they have to fix it

Registered

I found that fuel pressure sensor. # 9 below.

Registered
Not super helpful, I know. The service manual states:

鈥 For more convenient and accurate testing of EFI components, it is recommended dealers utilize the Digital Wrench庐
Diagnostic Software (dealer only). Some testing may be done manually using the procedures provided in this
chapter.
鈥 80% of all EFI problems are caused by wiring harness connections.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts