Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I have a problem mine RZR turbo s have a check engine light on and it only has 90miles on it and when the check engine it’s on it stays solid and it goes off and I was seeing we’re the turbo is it was glowing hot please help

·
Registered
386 Posts
You should be able to use the buttons on dash an bring up code that it’s throwing. Figure that out an post the numbers it displays here on the forum an one of these Gentleman will more than likely diagnose your service engine very quickly. Also... the Turbo always glows red lmao, that one never gets old, normal turbo RZR stuff there man

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should be able to use the buttons on dash an bring up code that it’s throwing. Figure that out an post the numbers it displays here on the forum an one of these Gentleman will more than likely diagnose your service engine very quickly. Also... the Turbo always glows red lmao, that one never gets old, normal turbo RZR stuff there man
I don’t know why but the codes the I saw were 15 157 1

·
Registered
21 Posts
Is yours the Dynamix model? If so, on your user menu, you can select vehicle settings and vehicle diagnostics and it will display all the codes for you.

·
Registered
152 Posts
More than 1 code may be present. I looked in both the service (Pg 11.26) and owner manuals (Pg 54) but did not find the code combination that you have. Are you sure you wrote them down correctly?

In any case, the "15" (FMI = Fault Mode Indicator) appears in the charts below several times and relates to several systems; mostly fuel-related. These charts are from the service manual.

The descriptions are not very precise but at least you know which electrical connections to check, which, as stated below, is the most common cause of a fault code.

Good luck

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

More than 1 code may be present. I looked in both the service (Pg 11.26) and owner manuals (Pg 54) but did not find the code combination that you have. Are you sure you wrote them down correctly?

In any case, the "15" (FMI = Fault Mode Indicator) appears in the charts below several times and relates to several systems; mostly fuel-related. These charts are from the service manual.

The descriptions are not very precise but at least you know which electrical connections to check, which, as stated below, is the most common cause of a fault code.

Good luck

View attachment 653489

View attachment 653490

View attachment 653491

View attachment 653492

View attachment 653493
That’s the code

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I cannot find that code but that does not mean that it does not exist.

With only 90 miles on it, my next move would be to call my salesman or the service dept.
Yeah I called the sales guy and am taking the rzr this Friday for a check up and another thing the turbo was glowing hot it that normal??

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,685 Posts
Yours is a California EVAP model I'm guessing? ( O2 sensor wire will be blue )

157-15 is - Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor - Data Valid But Above Normal Operating Range, Least Severe Level

So your fuel pressure is just a little too high, I would leave that to the dealer to diagnose.

Turbo Glowing is perfectly normal.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yours is a California EVAP model I'm guessing? ( O2 sensor wire will be blue )

157-15 is - Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor - Data Valid But Above Normal Operating Range, Least Severe Level

So your fuel pressure is just a little too high, I would leave that to the dealer to diagnose.

Turbo Glowing is perfectly normal.
Where did you find that code?

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,685 Posts
Where did you find that code?
😁 😁 lol

When it comes to trouble codes, I've found that some are always added along the lines, but they seldom ever go away, and the service manual or machine specific owner's manual may not show them. They're all the same from one model to the next, so the actual source machine doesn't have to specifically be the machine in question, so anytime one isn't listed, I always check the latest and greatest owner's manual, since the list is usually much more up to date.

Told ya all that to tell you this: 2020 PRO XP4 Ultimate owner's manual

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,685 Posts
Do you guys know what good diagnosis tool to get for the rzr for the future codes ?
You can already read the codes, you could get a dynojet powervision (PV3) tuner which would allow you to datalog, which can help diagnose some things, but may or may not be worth it to you. That's about the most that's available to the consumer. The Polaris Digital Wrench software would be the only thing further, but that's only available to the dealer service department.

The diagnostic codes will be listed in your owner's manual, or if they're not, as I linked above, you can download the latest owner's manual from Polaris' website, which will give you the description of the fault codes, but that's about it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You can already read the codes, you could get a dynojet powervision (PV3) tuner which would allow you to datalog, which can help diagnose some things, but may or may not be worth it to you. That's about the most that's available to the consumer. The Polaris Digital Wrench software would be the only thing further, but that's only available to the dealer service department.

The diagnostic codes will be listed in your owner's manual, or if they're not, as I linked above, you can download the latest owner's manual from Polaris' website, which will give you the description of the fault codes, but that's about it.
What about buy parts online for the rzr any good website for oem parts ?

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,685 Posts
i went on my rzr to options and to diagnose on the rzr so yeah I called the parts department and they told me that there’s no fuel pressure sensor
Does your RZR have a blue wire on the O2 sensor coming out of the exhaust pipe?

Like So:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts