Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, My kids loved driving my dads rzr 800 so much that this past November I bought a 2018 rzr 900 trail eps.
Everthing went well until we over heated it and lost compression in the one cylinder!
Time for a rebuild, I'm thinking about sending my engine to Ground Thumping Motors and getting the 1000cc stroker mod!
20210718_205206.jpg
20210718_205238.jpg
20210718_205317.jpg
20210718_205254.jpg
Screenshot_20210718-181839_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210718-182019_Gallery.jpg
20210718_205346.jpg
20210713_125947.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Welcome from East Idaho.
It's a great 2 in 1 hobby.
Sometimes it feels like for every hour in the seat you get 2 underneath it on maintenance. I enjoy both but my wife feels it takes away from the "Honey Do List".😁

·
Registered
2020 Polaris RZR Pro XP aka: The Bomb
803 Posts
Welcome from neighboring Ohio! I come up your way a few times a year. We have a family pass to Mines and Meadows. Fun place to ride.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey I'm from Pittsburgh as well. Welcome to the group....

Reactions: PsychoPsychotic

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the forum!
From CA.
How Meany miles is on you 900?
There is over 3000 miles on it now.
It ran fine, other then that low speed clutch noise.
Well until the weather got hot outside and we got to the top of a big hill climb and the rzr just shut down. At least at the top of the hill I had internet connection and used Google and found out about the 252° shutdown. Then I look at my temp and it was well over 252°.

We must of sat there for about 15min then you could hear the water start boiling and going into the overflow. Then we removed the hood and watched the anti-freeze filling the overflow until it started shooting out of the top of the hole in the overflow cap.
After the rzr cool down we toped the overflow bottle to the line with water and tryed to limp the rzr back to camp watching the engine temp.
But didnt go far, it went from a ok temp to shutdown temp in no time!
We removed the hood and watched for about 15min until water start boiling and going into the overflow and shooting out the cap AGAIN!
Then we decided to tow it back to camp.
Think that 2nd overheating shutdown killed it because it started running like shit after that?
Think the guy we got it from changed the anti-freeze and didnt properly bleed the system and I didnt know any better to watch the temp and as soon as it got hot out we vapor lock it?

·
Registered
2014 RZR XP1000
1,425 Posts
There is over 3000 miles on it now.
It ran fine, other then that low speed clutch noise.
Well until the weather got hot outside and we got to the top of a big hill climb and the rzr just shut down. At least at the top of the hill I had internet connection and used Google and found out about the 252° shutdown. Then I look at my temp and it was well over 252°.

We must of sat there for about 15min then you could hear the water start boiling and going into the overflow. Then we removed the hood and watched the anti-freeze filling the overflow until it started shooting out of the top of the hole in the overflow cap.
After the rzr cool down we toped the overflow bottle to the line with water and tryed to limp the rzr back to camp watching the engine temp.
But didnt go far, it went from a ok temp to shutdown temp in no time!
We removed the hood and watched for about 15min until water start boiling and going into the overflow and shooting out the cap AGAIN!
Then we decided to tow it back to camp.
Think that 2nd overheating shutdown killed it because it started running like shit after that?
Think the guy we got it from changed the anti-freeze and didnt properly bleed the system and I didnt know any better to watch the temp and as soon as it got hot out we vapor lock it?
Well that is not fun. Ya I always have the engine temp showing on the display so I know the engine temp at all times.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Welcome to the Forum
sorry to hear about loosing a cylinder what a bummer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts