Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
i guess when they got bought out it was vacation time for them , so who cares if we Xxxxxxxp we getting paid by Polaris .....
and the funny thing is that they Polaris/pro armor have all the specs and angles for the vechs.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I understand your frustration, I would be too. But every company has the occasional bad product, you just hear about it more from Pro Armor because they sell much more than most competitors.

Since every other thread on this site is about the problems with Polaris UTV's do you believe all Polaris UTV's are garbage?

Ill leave it at that. Good luck with trying to get a refund or whatever the point of this thread was.

·
Gun Owner of Canada
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Since every other thread on this site is about the problems with Polaris UTV's do you believe all Polaris UTV's are garbage?
No I do not, but see this isn't a one off problem. This is the level of door they chose to release for the 2015's, and the level of door they have been releasing for past models. Even if you can get the door on, there are still many reports of PA doors leaving large gaps along the body lines as well as sub par latches... This type of "quality" seems to be the standard for PA. And hey, that's fine if you wanna slap together cheap sh*t, but don't be charging premium prices for your premium crap. Again, lip-stick on a pig.

And how about the special "Notice" I got with the doors? That says a lot my friend. It says that PA is OK with producing doors that don't fit properly, that are poorly executed in terms of QC, that may or may not bolt on, and will leave gaps in the body fitment.

The point of this thread was to let people know my findings with this particular brand and company, and two, It was the easiest platform to explain the problem I had on install with pictures, not only for my dealer, but for PA.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Re: Hey Pro Armor, Your Doors Are A Joke!

Unfortunately I've experienced the same issues with pro armor 900 xp4..many letters and phone calls they finally sent me new doors..I was excited like the look..opened the undamaged box the doors were damaged. .try ed to install they are just as bad as the first set fit and finish. .how can powder coat be missed n spots? I've given up. Saving my money for something new and will get my satisfaction by running these things over with my cat and expressing my opinion to anyone who asks. .

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I am with the OP on this one.... QC isnt that hard. I used to be a fan of PA until I started to see the QC go down the tube. The last product I bought from them I had some issues with. Called PA - No answer, sent 3 emails - no answer. At that point in time I said never again.
As it relates to doors. I have researched and researched on this site about doors. Saw some PA doors and desert works doors on 2 different cars at my local dealer. PA doors were terrible and rattled horribly. Desert works doors were AWESOME! I immediately came home and ordered some.
OP- Sorry for what you are going through. I hope it gets worked out for you.

·
Go Big or Go Home!
1,653 Posts
I hope you called Pro Armor before or after posting this, I just installed the Pro Armor full doors on my 900S last night and it was very easy and simple, everything lined up perfectly. I have several items from Pro Armor on my rzr and everything fit like it should with no issues. I have read a lot of stories where people have had issues with quality but it has never happened to me. Is this your first order from Pro Armor? If so I could see it putting a bad taste in your mouth but if I was you I would give them the chance to make it right, like stated above Pro Armor is saling products as fast as they can build it so I am sure they are rushed to get products out the door just like Polaris and when this happens I am sure sometimes things get missed (I am sure you and I would do the same thing, have you never rushed and missed something?). Also think about how they are rushed to get the product out! If they didn't have a good reputation with product and customer service they wouldn't have to rush because they wouldn't have the sales.

·
Gun Owner of Canada
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Can you send them back to Poor Armor and get your money back
I literally just got back from my dealer (Parkland Sled & ATV) it's been such a good experience thus far, they had my back from the start. They took the doors back and issued a complete refund. Great guys and gals to deal with for sure, even putting up with my venting and ranting...

I don't expect to hear from Pro Armor, a have a feeling this is just par for the course. I hope this thread helps others in their decision making, but take it from me, PA's doors are garbage, steer clear.

Cheers.

·
Gun Owner of Canada
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I hope you called Pro Armor before or after posting this, I just installed the Pro Armor full doors on my 900S last night and it was very easy and simple, everything lined up perfectly. I have several items from Pro Armor on my rzr and everything fit like it should with no issues. I have read a lot of stories where people have had issues with quality but it has never happened to me. Is this your first order from Pro Armor? If so I could see it putting a bad taste in your mouth but if I was you I would give them the chance to make it right, like stated above Pro Armor is saling products as fast as they can build it so I am sure they are rushed to get products out the door just like Polaris and when this happens I am sure sometimes things get missed (I am sure you and I would do the same thing, have you never rushed and missed something?). Also think about how they are rushed to get the product out! If they didn't have a good reputation with product and customer service they wouldn't have to rush because they wouldn't have the sales.
There is nothing wrong with me posting this thread. Look at the guys stating the same claims, do a search and see many more of the same claims, this is not isolated to one set of doors.

Rushing sh*t out the door is not good practice for a manufacturer, there needs to be some QC. And to answer your question no, in anything I've ever sold or built (I'm in the Gun Industry) I've never once rushed something out the door, if it ain't right, it doesn't leave, period. After all, it is my name on it and I value my name and reputation. So sorry I can't agree with you there.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I understand your frustration, I would be too. But every company has the occasional bad product, you just hear about it more from Pro Armor because they sell much more than most competitors.

Ill leave it at that. Good luck with trying to get a refund or whatever the point of this thread was.

This is not an isolated incident. There is thread after thread on the poor quality of the pro armor doors.

·
BMF D-C
380 Posts

I dont even own anything on my RZR Pro Armour, but I've been looking at purchasing some doors. I'm at a loss for words at the above post. You are obviously more than welcome to post your opinion and thoughts, but as a consumer, why would you make excuses for a piss poor product being sold at a premium price? I've had ProArmor nerf bars and handle bars on a four wheeler and was pleased, but it sounds as if they've dropped the ball on these doors currently. I just dont understand making excuses for them. This is a public forum, opinions vary but all are welcome. Thanks for the heads up I say...my .02

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I do think the OP should have probably contacted Pro Armor prior to a flaming post but that being said Pro Armor should realize that if they let defective products ship out this type of thing will happen.

I myself am not very happy with the fact the seat belts I purchased from them don't adjust properly. Very difficult to adjust shoulder tension.

They have possibly gone from a quality to a quantity company IMHO.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I do think the OP should have probably contacted Pro Armor prior to a flaming post but that being said Pro Armor should realize that if they let defective products ship out this type of thing will happen.

I myself am not very happy with the fact the seat belts I purchased from them don't adjust properly. Very difficult to adjust shoulder tension.

They have possibly gone from a quality to a quantity company IMHO.
My seat belts do the same thing.... tried contacting PA and nothing but crickets.... going to try some assault seat belts now.
sorry again to hear the trouble the op is having.

·
Go Big or Go Home!
1,653 Posts
There is nothing wrong with me posting this thread. Look at the guys stating the same claims, do a search and see many more of the same claims, this is not isolated to one set of doors.

Rushing sh*t out the door is not good practice for a manufacturer, there needs to be some QC. And to answer your question no, in anything I've ever sold or built (I'm in the Gun Industry) I've never once rushed something out the door, if it ain't right, it doesn't leave, period. After all, it is my name on it and I value my name and reputation. So sorry I can't agree with you there.

I agree nothing wrong with you posting your thoughts and experience but personally I would still give them the chance to make it right. And I agree rushing products out the door is not good practice and this may not be the case here but I could also understand how they could make a mistake from time to time. It sucks being the end user when you receive a bad product and I know I have been there over the years with other companies but I have always given the company the chance to make it right and I was always happy with the end result. Just my .02

·
Registered
95 Posts
Re: Hey Pro Armor, Your Doors Are A Joke!

I appreciate the feedback! He did us a favor. I won't like at PA when I think about a full door purchase.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I had the same issue with PA doors on my old 570. Didn't align worth a damn. So much so that it destroyed the slam latches. Had issues with the doors not staying closed too. IDK, they look great but quality wise. Not so much. The harnesses on my 1000 are ok, but as others have said they're hard to adjust. Still like their products, hope QC gets better.

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
I don't own anything PA. After reading this thread I was out riding yesterday and talking to some people I met on the ride I saw they had PA doors. So I asked how they liked them. They were happy with the doors after they got new latched from PA. They said they got a recall from PA on a batch of bad latched.

Driving home on the freeway I saw a PA door come flying open on a Polaris XP4 1000. That would drive me crazy if I had to even think my doors might come open when IM trailing the UTV.

As far a seat belts go I have the PRP 5 point harness and they work and adjust very easily.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thought I'd share my experience with PA recently.

Got my doors for my '15 2 door XP 1000 in January. Ordered a decal kit from them a few days later. The doors arrived with rear clamp smashed together on one door. Not a huge deal since I just pried it apart to fit on the cage but there wasn't any damage to the box so it appeared they shipped it that way. One of the door skins had a hole that was off enough that I had to re-drill it. Once again not a big deal except the price you pay for these doors should have better quality control.

When I went to put them on alignment was horrible. One side they were about 1/4 short to reaching the latch and the drivers side was off by about 1/2 and inch. After moving the factory grab as far back as I could, bending, pulling and stretching the doors I finally was able to get the doors to shut but you had to slam them hard in order to get them to latch properly. They would pop open all the time when riding but it got worse after 3 rides where one door wouldn't stay shut. So I drove all day just holding the door shut. Got home and did some more tweaking, got it to shut then the latch broke.

Besides all the issues with the doors in general, when I got the decals from them they sent me the 4 door model. Contacted them (a few times) and the finally responded and said to send them back and they would ship out the proper set as soon as they seen tracking on the RMA label. On a side note, instead of sending me a link to print the UPS label it looked like they scanned in the label and sent me an image of the label so when it printed it was really small. Never seen a return done like that before. Anyway, a week after I sent them back I still had no tracking on the new decals coming to me. Emailed the girl I was working with and she told me they were on backorder and should be done in about a week. This was the beginning of January. I didn't get the new decals sent to me until the middle of April. And guess what....they sent me the 4 door kit AGAIN! They were quick to fix the issue and sent me 2 door set right away but that's when the latch broke.

So now they are not responding to help me on my latch issue so I am done dealing with this company. What a joke! Buyer beware.

On a related note; I will have some PA doors available very cheap on 2 different Voodoo Blue decal kits available as soon as my TMW doors arrive.

·
Registered
538 Posts
You do know that Pro Armor is owned by Polaris don't you???
Volkswagen owns Bugatti but that's doesn't mean they have the same craftsmanship!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I waited 4 weeks for Pro armor seats thru my dealer finally got tired of waiting and bought another brand. My 5 pt Pro Armor Harness set had the submarine belt sewn in a loop and the adjustment was too long to properly locate the crotch strap. I cut them off and added 2 crow 5th pt straps they had a single strap rather than a loop and fit perfect. I hope that they can rectify their problems but as for me I will not buy any more Pro Armor products. PS I have about 700$ worth of their stuff on my Raptor but that was then and this is now. Decided to edit this response. Any reporting of problems about a vendors product should be considered a good thing how else will the vendor fix their problems. Stay silent they don't know and their customer base slowly goes away. Not all vendors are perfect but should strive to be. IMHO.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts