Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Putting the easy install face plate was not sl easy either. No instructions or info, kinda run and gun amd figure it out. I added the Comms switch makes it nice, but funny adding the comms switch is not inline with the radio install instruction for running only direct to battery.
Same boat here too.

I also noticed that Rugged does not recommend a switch but then why do they sell a harness for it???

Anyway, I installed the Rugged SW harness and the filter just before the comms (electrically speaking). Bottomline is my wife took the Jeep about 5 miles from the house and the radio worked incredibly well for being in the city.

I expect that this weekend in the desert it will perform as desired.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Same boat here too.

I also noticed that Rugged does not recommend a switch but then why do they sell a harness for it???

Anyway, I installed the Rugged SW harness and the filter just before the comms (electrically speaking). Bottomline is my wife took the Jeep about 5 miles from the house and the radio worked incredibly well for being in the city.

I expect that this weekend in the desert it will perform as desired.
Actually orded the Comms Switch from Rugged Radio website which radio install instructions say not to use. Oh well, works great.
Screenshot_20200326-221711_Gallery.jpg

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Nice installation, I had that same mount plate from Rugged Radios. I ended up getting another mount from UTVinc. I liked their design better as it gives you two switch holes and a mount for the USB cable. Here is a picture of my radio and intercom mount.
IMG_0897.JPG

21 - 30 of 30 Posts