Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for any information on getting a RzR titled and registered as a street legal vehicle in Connecticut.

Has anybody done this?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Let me know if you have done this yet, I live in Guilford, CT and im pretty sure if the law doesnt state no UTV's allowed on the road it can be done with proper DOT setups. Let me know if you have found out yet.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Let me know if you have done this yet, I live in Guilford, CT and im pretty sure if the law doesnt state no UTV's allowed on the road it can be done with proper DOT setups. Let me know if you have found out yet.
"I worked with my State Representative last Fall & Winter to draft legislation to make ATVs/UTVs street legal in CT. We pitched it as a revenue source because all the states are broke but when it was introduced in the Feb. legislative session the DOT chucked it out the window & didn't even want to discuss it. It was DOA from the get-go. I guess CT must have so much money they'd rather I go to NY, Mass, Vermont, New Hampshire, or Maine to spend $300 - $500 for a weekend of riding."

·
Registered
8 Posts
unless you have privrate property in Ct it is illegal to ride anywhere in the state. Sad state of affairs. I have lived here for fifty years and it just gets worse with atv's and utv's. I ride in NY and Vt.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yeah the laws have been getting worse every so often. Do you know if you can street legalize it for Vermont if you have a house address and insurance?

·
Registered
374 Posts
I beleive no you cannot legalize in vermont...but they have a state permit so you can ride on all the trails and they are supposed to be connected, and they honor border states so you dont have to reg. it there...google ATV permits in VT, thats how I found out about it....hope that helps.

·
Registered
374 Posts
wow that sucks! i feel like an outlaw here in ny sometimes when i have to ride a highway a short distance to get to more trails...but that also makes it a little more exciting...lol

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
unless you have privrate property in Ct it is illegal to ride anywhere in the state. Sad state of affairs. I have lived here for fifty years and it just gets worse with atv's and utv's. I ride in NY and Vt.
It's a really bad situation here in CT. Regulations are in place to allow it, however there needs to be cooridinating legelsation. Many attempts have been made to bring the legislation before the entire chamber, but that hasn't happened yet.

My son and I typically ride in PA. I just found out that I can ride in MA, so chances are I'm going to get registered to ride there.

If you find a place to ride in CT, please let us know.

·
Registered
75 Posts
What if we find a whole bunch of people that say they want a place to ride in CT, it would be much better to find a legal place to ride then having to find illegal places to ride where the cops can't get to ( I ride some of those ) because it would keep many people off the roads. I saw some states are street legalizing it. I am not sure why they won't here either but it just makes us all think that this state doesnt want to be involved in anything at all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Beartown, October Mountain, Pittsfield state parks, all great ATV trails in MA (Western MA). You should try them, a lot closer than PA. Registration is $30/yr.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Beartown, October Mountain, Pittsfield state parks, all great ATV trails in MA (Western MA). You should try them, a lot closer than PA. Registration is $30/yr.
Great info. I'll look into it.
We should get a group ride organized.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's a really bad situation here in CT. Regulations are in place to allow it, however there needs to be cooridinating legelsation. Many attempts have been made to bring the legislation before the entire chamber, but that hasn't happened yet.

My son and I typically ride in PA. I just found out that I can ride in MA, so chances are I'm going to get registered to ride there.

If you find a place to ride in CT, please let us know.
I've lived in CT over 20 years, came from NY. It's crazy that they can require us to register and take our money but not offer ANY place to ride ATV's. Years back there were people pushing for it but it seems to just get squashed every single time. This state is spiraling down the shitter.. I really want to move someplace with more "freedom" but stuck here with 2 houses what depreciated.... lol

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
You cant be over 50" wide and over 1000 lbs. They closed a lot of the trails there, I used to ride there no more.

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts