Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently posted needing help with Rzr whinning and Knocking. I serviced before the trip and i have done all that has been sugested What I dont understand is I changed oil and filter and rode it and then it started making the noises and loss of ower etc, I checked the air breather wow a lot of dirt is there any way to prevent that we rode on dirt rodes for about 5 day 10-20 muiles a day, Second where would the oil go I checked the d stick and it barely measured what would happen to it, I checked the belt and it looked ok. I would think they would hold up better than this I have 160 miles on it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Did you ever do the Compression as I suggested in your other post? If you sucked dirt and dust past your airfilter into the cylinder then the oil will disapear, it will run like chit and have no power. simple test

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
All of the problems are symptomatic of having "dusted" your engine. You should be prepared for at minimum a top end rebuild on your engine. "Disappearing" oil is not disappearing it's burning, synthetic oil does not smoke when it burns. If you want to start assessing the damage before getting home, pull the air filter and look inside the intake if you see dust/dirt or muddy dust and dirt you have found the cause of your issues. Really sorry to put a damper on your hunting trip.

Mike

·
Registered
83 Posts
Lineman I feel your pain man 100 miles of dirt roads should'nt be enough to even need to check an air filter. i'v ridden 120 miles basic nonstop before and never had any trouble but that wasnt on the RZR, but in all honesty sounds like the rings are gone to me, sorry.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sound like something polaris should be responsable for, What a design flaw it says check weekly I did, Why do they make a product for dirt roads that has all the dust pouring into the intake, I bet this is going to cost me.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just remember you gotta pay to play or it's clearly your fault, you know u should check your air filter every 100 miles or sell it and go buy something else is some of the sympathy you'll find here. I tell it like it is, and many people don't like that and good luck with extended warranty covering much of anything. My opinion if you have any buddies that can work on atv's become their friends and cancel the warranty and get ya money back! I hope they do the right thing and cover your machine as they should and as every other warranty that I have ever had to use has done! But in all honesty these things are fun when they run:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts