Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting (and revving) a xp1000 with no primary clutch on it, permanant damage or no?? Some here say major damage, some say fine and I say I really dont know for sure.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Generally not good to rev an engine with no load on it, but I don't see how you'd be doing "permanent damage" to anything.

·
Registered
873 Posts
hmmm....ok...apparently you have never owned a jet ski, jet boat ,of been to a sanctioned banshee drag race....

·
Super Moderator
7,655 Posts
I suspect the clutch acts as a flywheel to smooth out engine operation.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk Pro

·
Vendor
10,380 Posts
Starting (and revving) a xp1000 with no primary clutch on it, permanant damage or no?? Some here say major damage, some say fine and I say I really dont know for sure.
The answer is no damage, one why would you be doing this? Only to eliminate a noise in the clutch from the engine and you will be doing it just for a few seconds then put clutch back on.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The answer is no damage, one why would you be doing this? Only to eliminate a noise in the clutch from the engine and you will be doing it just for a few seconds then put clutch back on.
Yea he was trying to eliminate a vibration issue aparently.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
The engine is a independently balanced unit. You can rev it all you want with nothing on the crank snout. The mag side is the "balancer" end per say. The PTO side is designed to run with or without a clutch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts