Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
any one heard of this or had it corrected by dealer?
i would assume its a manufactures warranty and polaris picks up the tab?
and how serious is it? i have about 18 hours and couple hundred miles total on it before i realized it had the recall.

UPDATE: THERE WAS A FOUR MONTH BUILD PERIOD SOME 2011 AND SOME 2012 THAT GOT A BAD BATCH OF VAVLE SPRINGS. DEALER REPLACES FOR FREE CHECK YOUR VIN WITH THE LINK. RZR XP AND RZR4 XP WERE AFFECTED
TYPE YOUR VIN THEN CLICK ON SERVICE BULLETIN
http://www.purepolaris.com/en-us/RZR/Pages/Search-VIN.aspx

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
don't know about polaris but on my yamaha, and kawi atvs i was not the first owner and both had recalls and i was not charged. warrenty work would be on you. call your local dealer. good luck
PS thanks for the web site good stuff on there.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I believe recalls are recalls....... doesn't matter who ownes them at the time. The recall gets fixed for free.

·
Premium Member
8,864 Posts
Recall is done by VIN # , Not owner.

·
hey ya'll watch this....
1,304 Posts
put mine in....no recalls!... :) guess im good to go...
Me 2... I was kinda hopeing for spring replacement..Fresh HorsePower! :rofl3:

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Got nervous for a second, I'm leaving for Windrock Fall Jam in a week and a half. Mine's in the clear, would be nice to get new valve springs for free after 750 miles though.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I had mine done back in Feburary. No issues took them a day to do it and rode the wheels off it every since.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I hear they were for all 2011s?? I put my vin in and it only showed the heat shield. I'm putting my turbo on soon, so I would like to know if the springs need updating before I put it on.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
I hear they were for all 2011s?? I put my vin in and it only showed the heat shield. I'm putting my turbo on soon, so I would like to know if the springs need updating before I put it on.

Thanks.
If your putting a turbo on, you should be upgrading the springs to aftermarket anyway. Its not required, but its good to do.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I ran my 2012 xp on 10 PSI no problems at all. My xp was manufactured after the recall date. I also had rev extend enabled on the pcv. 100% stock motor and cams.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 16 of 16 Posts