Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the dreaded and persistent 1127 code. Pretty sure it's a 1 1127 0 code. It's been persistent for months.

I throw the code when I hit the accelerator and I get into boost. Because it's just a "valid by above normal" code, it is just limiting me to around 45 MPH and 6,400 RPMs, which still allows me to rock crawl. More details below.

Here is what I've done to my machine (2017 XP4T) that might affect boost:

EVO charge tube
Turbosmart BOV
2020 Turbo S clutch weights, spring in Primary and spring in Secondary to turn larger tires
18% gear reduction from stock, which already had the lowest low gear (2017 XP4T)
Running 35 inch Chicanes with Method 401 wheels

What I've done to troubleshoot the code:

Bought a DynoJet Powervision 3. There was a suggestion that my mapping just needed to be tweaked to allow for a little different boost than the ECU mapping was expecting. Initial datalogs show that I wasn't getting enough RPMs (due to the heavier weight of the Turbo S primary clutch weights) that was causing more knock than desired. I switched the weights back to stock. I create RPMs very quickly now, but still throw the code.

During the datalogging, the WGDC didn't look like it was doing anything. I switched out the turbo boost control module for an aftermarket one I saw in another thread. After I switched it out, I ran another datalog and saw that once I got to the boost area there was activity in the WGDC but it shut off immediately after the code was thrown.

I've gone through all of the hoses. I replaced a couple that looked like they weren't perfect.

I've pulled the BOV, cleaned and reassembled.

I've run a stock tune and other tunes created by DynoJet without success. I'm still waiting for feedback from my latest datalogs from yesterday.

A strange occurrence while testing things out is that after I clear the code, and prior to putting on the 35 inch tires, I could stand on the accelerator and create boost without an issue. But, as soon as I got into sand with tire spin, I would throw the code. I've blown out and scotchbrited the sheaves and the belt is new. No markings on the sheaves were noted that would indicate clutch/belt slipping.

My attention is turning to the wastegate actuator. I ordered a MityVac that will be here next week. I'm not sure what the correct crack pressure should be. And, it's possible that there is a leak. But, I'm feeling that is my next area of focus.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,519 Posts
It sounds like you have done most everything ...If I were to guess I would agree with you that something is wrong with your WG. Stock crack pressure is 7 psi with .070" movement of the WG rod.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,383 Posts
I think you are on the right track with the wastegate. Does the boost pressure follow the target boost on on logs? Taking a SWAG at it I would say the wastegate is not opening correctly and you're getting a quick spike throwing the coe.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It sounds like you have done most everything ...If I were to guess I would agree with you that something is wrong with your WG. Stock crack pressure is 7 psi with .070" movement of the WG rod.
Thank you! I'll check the crack pressure tomorrow when FedEx drops the package.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think you are on the right track with the wastegate. Does the boost pressure follow the target boost on on logs? Taking a SWAG at it I would say the wastegate is not opening correctly and you're getting a quick spike throwing the code.
I haven't checked with DynoJet on the boost pressure. I downloaded the DynoJet apps, but the datalog app only shows the speed. Not too helpful there.

On the wastegate, it just seems that the actuator is either sticking or requiring too much pressure to crack, which is throwing the code. I'll see what the MityVac has to say tomorrow.

See you next week!!!
 

·
CB-BLR
Joined
·
155 Posts
I had that same issue for months as well...and replaced every sensor in the boost path along with a new waste gate controller. It ended up being the Waste Gate itself...it was not fully cycling. A new waste gate along with using a pressure tool to set it correctly fixed my problem.

Chris
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had that same issue for months as well...and replaced every sensor in the boost path along with a new waste gate controller. It ended up being the Waste Gate itself...it was not fully cycling. A new waste gate along with using a pressure tool to set it correctly fixed my problem.

Chris
I understand completely! I went through my machine and looked at everything. I even replaced the boost control module.

The thing that helped was buying the Powervision 3 tuner and running some datalogs. They just didn't make sense and turned my focus to the wastegate actuator. Well, that and RZR_Joe giving me some valuable advice!

I finally ended up buying a MityVac. Connected it to the nipple on the wastegate actuator and...nothing. Turns out it has a ruptured diaphragm. I was really just expecting to need to shorten the rod.

Picking up a new actuator on Monday. But, man, the bad one was a pain to remove! Only two bolts, but they are buried and shielded. Definitely need a buddy (wife) to get that apart.

I'll chime in when I'm up an running again and do a datalog to see how things are working. Looking forward to finally having some WOT for this weeks UTV Takeover!
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top