Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an 2011 RZR 800 and run it 10 miles without no coolant in the radiator ( rookie mistake ) . Stopped running and won’t start .

After taking apart noticed that the temperature sensor was smashed .

Where should I start ? Own a garage shop so getting dirty is not a problem .

Any advise greatly appreciated .

Thank you ,

John

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not quite sure but it looks that Is turns over Primary clutch can be turned manually .

Before the incident started at first turn .

thanks for help.

·
Vendor
1,545 Posts
I'd think if you ran it 10 miles without coolant, that it would have gotten so hot, that it would seize up. I'd pull the head and see how it looks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ran for 10 minutes without coolant...don't waste your time pulling head, pull engine and do a full overhaul. I'd guess that you have scored cylinders but at the very least the rings got so hot they lost there temper and it will never have good compression. Likely warped head as well. Hopefully you didn't discover no antifreeze and fill it up right away while it was hot and crack things as well. Was the 10 minutes just idling or actual riding. Did it slowly loose power then die? Classic sign that it seized then once cooled down it turns over but has scored cylinders/pistons.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for all the good advices . It died slowly . No coolant was added . Had no time to work on it , however , I’ll keep you updated . Do you know if a sportsman 800 engine will fit ?

·
Registered
315 Posts
The engine will be shut down if it overheats above a certain point. My 2013 shut down once after a coolant change because I hadn't properly refilled and bled the system. There was probably a bubble near the sensor location and the gauge went up to ~260 and everything shut down. Once it cooled down, and was properly filled and bled, it started and ran fine (still does).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts