Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will a 2011 Rzr 800 S run without the cam sensor working? (Sensor just about oil filter)

Just reinstalled engine and have fire but no injector cycle to deliver fuel. Won't start on either either.

Gotta get this thing going before we leave.

Thanks,

Russ

·
Banned
904 Posts
Here is the code from the FSM for your RzR. If the cam sensor is not operating, it is not sending the proper signal to the ECU and it will not run...As you can see in the attached image, 637 is "Camshaft Phase Sensor Circuit Fault".

·
Premium Member
41,099 Posts
Will a 2011 Rzr 800 S run without the cam sensor working? (Sensor just about oil filter)

Just reinstalled engine and have fire but no injector cycle to deliver fuel. Won't start on either either.

Gotta get this thing going before we leave.

Thanks,

Russ
No... It won't fire without the crank sensor either...

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw the code, and understand completely how the crank sensor and ignition work but the cam sensor error is puzzling.

Is there any way at all to have the cam 180 deg out of time? I don't see how but figured I would ask.

Odd thing is it is filling the chamber with gas. Plugs are dripping wet after trying to start it. Almost like its flooding out and not metering fuel correctly. we are changing plugs and looking for another sensor to try.

We have power and ground to the cam sensor

·
Premium Member
41,099 Posts
I saw the code, and understand completely how the crank sensor and ignition work but the cam sensor error is puzzling.

Is there any way at all to have the cam 180 deg out of time? I don't see how but figured I would ask.

Odd thing is it is filling the chamber with gas. Plugs are dripping wet after trying to start it. Almost like its flooding out and not metering fuel correctly. we are changing plugs and looking for another sensor to try.

We have power and ground to the cam sensor
YES it can be out of time if the timing marks aren't spot on...

·
Registered
59 Posts
We can get inital fire/ backfire when i clean the plugs and put them back. I will be buying new plugs today and trying new plugs.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
subscribing, just curious as to the fix

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As embarrassing as this is I will admit that I made a very novice mistake. The late night we pulled the motor downthe cam gear popped of and seperated. Well it was slapped back together quickly and laid to the side while we pulled the oil pump and popped the dowel out. Ended up being 33deg advanced on the intake side because the split cam gear was assembled out of time. intake valves tried to open while the pistons were TDC and bent both pushrods.

637 code was because it was out of time, we were just impatient, tired, and frustrated enough yo miss thst detail. Lucky for us, the valves were just fine. Dropped 2 new pushrods in and she purrs like a kitten!

my first polaris motor, learned a lot...the hard way!

Thank you guys for respinding quick and trying yo help.

FYI, the canam cam sensor works just fine in the polaris 800! Lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts