Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I have been reading the threads. i have a 17, RZR 900 4. stock engine, and clutch wise.

I’m trying to not break the bank but I want to get more out of my 900 without hurting Reliability.

So what would you all doI would Like to choose just one.
Clutch Kit? (If so which one)
Tune (If so which one)
Or something else?

Thank you
George

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the 2018 RZR 4 900 and I just added both. Got it back on Friday.

I don’t know what tune was put in. The mechanic has them built for him. I now have noticeable power gain in mid to high RPM’s. The only way I can explain it is that it now “pulls” harder. It won’t turn it into a turbo but if your keeping your machine do both. I dknt regret it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems like bikeman is the way to go I guess. It’s the tune and clutch parts I believe.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone have any experience with this setup from superATV?

·
Registered
21 Posts
A tuner will be your best performance upgrade on the 900. The SuperATV tuner is reasonably priced.

·
5,874 Posts
The tuner on that 900 is the best bang for the buck. It'll seriously wake that thing up. There's a ton of limitations on if from the factory, and the tuner eliminates those restrictions and changes the time a bit...and makes it a monster.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I just got off the phone with SuperATV they don’t make a tuner for the rzr 4 900. WTF. FIGURES!
Does anyone? What is everyone else using for a tuner for this model? Bikemann?

I wanted the SuperATV one just due to the cost.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The part# for your 2017 is HH-001-ER-007-S1. This for a stage 1. Here is the link: Polaris RZR 900 Hand Held ECU Tuner

There are alot of very happy 900 4's out there running the Superatv tuner with no issues.

·
Registered
145 Posts
So I just got off the phone with SuperATV they don’t make a tuner for the rzr 4 900. WTF. FIGURES!

I have used Bikeman, and i like them. Their clutch kits are adjustable so if you add bigger tires later you can adjust, also they may have stage 2 tunes for more power too.

·
5,874 Posts

Hey buddy! I'm sure we do. Sorry for the confusion. Must have got a newbie on the phone up there. They get scared when they don't see a (4) after the 900 in the fitment. Shoot me your year, and I'll confirm for you. You really only have to worry about the specific options in the "model" drop down box, and the year.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
It’s a 2017 Polaris razor 900 4
It’s stock. It does have EPS. No turf mode.

If you do have one, can I run a stage 2 tune in a stock machine so if I upgrade later I’ll already have the stage 2 tune?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Hey buddy! I'm sure we do. Sorry for the confusion. Must have got a newbie on the phone up there. They get scared when they don't see a (4) after the 900 in the fitment. Shoot me your year, and I'll confirm for you. You really only have to worry about the specific options in the "model" drop down box, and the year.
I actually Spent close to a week trying to just get ahold of somebody, I left call back numbers, I left messages, nothing. When I finally did get in touch with someone it was a woman who said that there was not a tune and then she said she was gonna let me speak to a more senior tech support person, I spoke to him and he also said there was no tune that hopefully this particular model was on a list to get a tuner made for this model.
If you folks do have one maybe the website needs to be edited to show it. And maybe a staff meeting needs to be held to get everybody on the same page. The reason people like me call is to verify and to make sure that I’m doing the right thing but it sounds like there’s numerous employees that don’t even know what the right thing is. It just sucks because I’ve been trying to get this tuner ordered for a week now, And just wanted to verify which one I needed to make sure I got the correct one etc. so I’m just frustrated. I apologize.

I have a
2017 Polaris razor 900 4
It’s stock. It does have EPS. No turf mode.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
How about adding just a secondary spring? Would that help Along with the tuner?
Does SuperATV sell just a secondary spring? I had one in my last SxS (2015 wildcat 700) It helped a lot. I can’t really afford the tuner and a whole clutch kit right now.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Ok guys got my tuner today and put stage 1 tune in my machine.
now I have a check engine light on. I tried redoing the tune three times and it is still on.
also took neg battery terminal off for a good 5 min. No change.
My machine does not have turf mode.
yes I pulled the eps relay and fuse put back in after turning ignition back off after tune was completed.
Here is the code I am hoping that somebody can help.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I’ve also decided if I have the tune I should buck up and add a clutch kit. To get the best results.
What’s everyone running on there rzr 900 4?

FWIW I do notice the tune (stage 1) but it didn’t blow my socks off like the description made it sound like it would kinda do. I guess I was expecting more maybe. 🤷‍♂️ Hoping by adding a clutch kit, my socks will blow off lol.

I am running 27” 8-ply tires also. I forgot to mention that in past posts.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts