Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm installing a turbo that I recently bought,and I have everything ready to fire up except for the hooking up the relay for the Boondocker fuel contoller, and I assume the relay is for the aux. injector. Also, there is a 2 pin plug in the harness that I can't figure out what it goes to. I looked at Boondocker's install instructions, but that didn't help me. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

G

·
Hey guys, I'm installing a turbo that I recently bought,and I have everything ready to fire up except for the hooking up the relay for the Boondocker fuel contoller, and I assume the relay is for the aux. injector. Also, there is a 2 pin plug in the harness that I can't figure out what it goes to. I looked at Boondocker's install instructions, but that didn't help me. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Are you using it wit the Boondocker Turbo kit? If so the relay is for the intercooler fan I believe,but the fan power wire is part of the injector harness...

Here is the actual control box instructions
http://www.boondockers.com/instructions/snow/polaris/control box/Pol700 Ctrl Box Turbo 11608.pdf

More info on the box than the turbo install instructions

The white plug,if it is the one I think it is, is for powering the box with a 9v battery so you can power up the box without powering up the fuel injectors.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you using it wit the Boondocker Turbo kit? If so the relay is for the intercooler fan I believe,but the fan power wire is part of the injector harness...

Here is the actual control box instructions
http://www.boondockers.com/instructions/snow/polaris/control box/Pol700 Ctrl Box Turbo 11608.pdf

More info on the box than the turbo install instructions

The white plug,if it is the one I think it is, is for powering the box with a 9v battery so you can power up the box without powering up the fuel injectors.

Thanks, but apparently the kit was built by Noodles (Behind Bars), and I've got one more pin out on the relay than the Boodocker instructions have. I tried hooking it up w/o the relay and w/o the extra pin connected and the motor won't start,so I don't know what to do now other than wait.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
278 Posts
The 2 pin plug should be the NOS button plug, if you use a jumper wire to connect it at idle it should kick in your third injector and flood the motor. With better pictures a guy might be able to figure it out but I would just call Jarred at Boonedocker and try to explain the way your kit is set up. He knows his chit and could probably talk you through the logic of it:pint:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The 2 pin plug should be the NOS button plug, if you use a jumper wire to connect it at idle it should kick in your third injector and flood the motor. With better pictures a guy might be able to figure it out but I would just call Jarred at Boonedocker and try to explain the way your kit is set up. He knows his chit and could probably talk you through the logic of it:pint:
I believe you are right. I got the motor running, but now I think the 3rd injector is not working. At idle my wideband shows 14.5-14.7 (which is good), but it never gets richer than 13.9 at any throttle. I then hooked up the jumper wire at idle and the wideband never moved. I'm getting ~5v to the injector, but I'm convinced it's not firing for whatever reason!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Shorting that plug at idle should activate the 3rd injector and kill the motor. The box needs to be set up for NOS on the btn setting under the NOS main menu option for it to work though. The relay should be hooked up to key power and activate when the RZR is started. It is hooked to the battery and powers the 3rd injector and the fan. The instructions should have to hook up directions. If it has been modified though it may not be the same as mine. The best way to test that injector is to set it up like I said and it should flood the motor at idle. I had a problem initially with the 3rd injector not getting power and the motor would go way lean on boost. It should only be on above around 4 lbs though. I called and talked to Jared, he really knows his stuff and now it runs flawless.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Shorting that plug at idle should activate the 3rd injector and kill the motor. The box needs to be set up for NOS on the btn setting under the NOS main menu option for it to work though. The relay should be hooked up to key power and activate when the RZR is started. It is hooked to the battery and powers the 3rd injector and the fan. The instructions should have to hook up directions. If it has been modified though it may not be the same as mine. The best way to test that injector is to set it up like I said and it should flood the motor at idle. I had a problem initially with the 3rd injector not getting power and the motor would go way lean on boost. It should only be on above around 4 lbs though. I called and talked to Jared, he really knows his stuff and now it runs flawless.
YES!! I talked to Jared yesterday and he got me lined out and the injector is now firing (at least when I test it). Next problem: I think my wideband sensor may be bad.....I can't get my AFR below 14 at any point and at idle I adjusted to fuel controller to add fuel to the point of almost killing the engine, but my AFR still stayed 14.2-14.5. I would have thought I would have been running waaaay rich since I was flooding the engine. Ideas???

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sounds like a problem with you sensor. Mine will do the same thing at idle but it reads on the AFR meter. If the ground doesn't have good connection for the meter it will cause problems with you AFR readings. My idle reading is right around 12.5 to 13. That seams to be the sweet spot at least for my setup.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.