Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, currently at the dunes and can't keep the boot from intercooler throttle body on. It keeps slippng off no matter how hard I try. ( oil in the intercooler doesn't help either). I tried a narrower clamp and it helps some, but it still slips right off after a couple minutes of riding. Any ideas??

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
since you in the dunes try to clean the end of both parts real good and find some girl and get some hair spray coat the inside of the tube and the out side of the pipe let dry for a few sec and then put together let dry for 10 min and give that a shot...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I just bought some super glue and put it on. Hope that works. I really like the bead idea, I'll get the done for sure when I get back to civilization.

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
oil in the intercooler? lots of oil?

where is the oil coming from?
is the crank case vent blowing oil into the intake/intercooler?

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
You may need to weld a bead around the end of the TB to give it some bite, I did it to mine and it stayed put no prob............in the meantime try not to let off the gas to quickly, try to roll out of the throttle so your charge pressure doesn't suddenly build up and pop the tube off
I think the 09 have lip on the end of TB already. IMHO
milos

·
Just kidding!
10,752 Posts
I used ultra black silicone and put it on both sides then put it together and let it dry then clamped it.I havent had a problem since.You also need to clean both sides with brake cleaner or something.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oil in the intercooler? lots of oil?

where is the oil coming from?
is the crank case vent blowing oil into the intake/intercooler?
the oil must be comin from the turbo. The crankcase is vented separately. No matter now though, I made it about an hour of riding and the
motor just took a crap. Starter just spins.

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
Not sure which turbo system do you have, but if other then aerocharger ( only one system without oil drain from turbo ) and you build excessive pressure in crankcase you could blow seal in turbo, happened to me couple weeks ego. Lot of oil in intake. Just finished rebuilding of turbo yesterday. IMHO
milos

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
Looks bad, lot of aluminum pieces from piston . Pull the head out, hopefully is not to much damage done on the cylinder wall. It is in both pipes ?:question:
milos
Yeah, it is on the inside of both exhaust pipes and also inside of the intake.
That 's interesting you do have pieces even in intake.. check the turbo too. But I would start with the head and see what goes wrong. Hopefully cylinder is OK and you just need new pistons. Go with low compression forged one. IMHO
milos

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't know what happened. Motor was overheating just prior to giving out, but I'm sure I got some debris in the intake when my rubber boot kept popping off. I have a spare S motor that I'll drop in. Guess I'll need the head spacer to drop the compression?

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
I don't know what happened. Motor was overheating just prior to giving out, but I'm sure I got some debris in the intake when my rubber boot kept popping off. I have a spare S motor that I'll drop in. Guess I'll need the head spacer to drop the compression?

I would rather go with low compression piston then spacer, because they are available now, but it is up to you.
What turbo system do you run ?
milos

·
Registered
569 Posts
what turbo kit is that? I blew a motor up a few years back and my turbo was toast,I hope yours is ok :)

Also avoid the spacer like the plague !!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

I would rather go with low compression piston then spacer, because they are available now, but it is up to you.
What turbo system do you run ?
milos
Anyone sell the low comp pistons here? I just bought my turbo from a fella here and supposedly it was built by Noodles.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts