Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installing the RDC 2" lift on my 2012 RZR S, anyway the holes on the rear lift do not line up. Any solutions?

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
We have seen this once or twice over the years and in both cases the owner of the machine could see that the factory shock mounts were welded slightly out of position on the frame. Please have a close look and compare both left and right side factory mounts and how they are welded and see if there is a difference from side to side. This is more than likely the problem.

How much is it out? I make the holes slightly oversize to allow for factory tolerances not being as tight as ours. Also, these kits are nested and laser cut 20+ kits at a time so if one were out, all of them would be out.

So solution, if you have a dremal grinder you could elongate the holes on the lift kit to line up with the factory holes, therefor you could always go back to stock without having to worry about drilling the factory holes oversize.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Ya drill or bend aftermarket sucks

Sent from my iPhone using My finger

·
Registered
505 Posts
Ya drill or bend aftermarket sucks

I have had some after market stuff from other companies that didn't fit right (I have never bought from this particular manufacturer) However i have found mounting tabs, braces and other items to be off from the Polaris factory as well. The quality control from Polaris seems to be lacking and kind of makes me wonder if they do some of there frame work without a jig.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
That's cause Polaris uses the same company's and stuff also bends over time. On the rzr . I have bought 10s of thousands of after market stuff most is ok but about 70% needs something .. I once built a quad that the only thing that was stock was brakes electric and motor even that was modded.. Lol . I thought I could build it it a week .. Oh no .. It took me three to do it right fixing all the aftermarket stuff .

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Paul, had a buddy, relocated the factory shock tower and it fits like a glove. And what a difference on height.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts