Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
3,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone, with any model rzr, has their front diff or rear gearcase apart, could you please count the ring & pinion gear teeth in the front diff, or any of the gears in the rear gear case? I'm trying to update the gear master sheet i made to get correct and confirmed updated final drive ratios (see thread: Gear Reduction Master Sheet ) I have alot of the rear gearcases done from OEM parts diagrams, but would like confirmation of a few... especially the 6A,6B,7A,7B gears (picture label below), and info on ones that aren't listed in the diagrams... but like i say, any info on any model helps for reference, just let me know the year and specific model of your machine please.

Picture below is of my gear labels for the rear gear case... we'll call the pinion gear in the front 8A, and the ring gear 8B for these purposes..

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
I have a rear diff from a 17 XPT laying on then bench, I'll get you the count tonight. I also have a spare front diff on the bench waiting for me to upgrade, however that's probably a few weeks off.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
3,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! I’ll get them into the spreadsheet tomorrow, started working on an actual final drive calc section today, should have a minute to work on it more tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
836 Posts
This will be handy for those wanting to swap diff and get closer ratios front to rear etc. like a 900 to 1k swap.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
3,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mid day bump

(I'm gonna bump this thread periodically to hopefully get more people attention and get more data, these gear counts are hard to find and confirm without the actual parts in hand)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts