Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need suggestions on getting a new transmission for my 2018 TR, factory one is blown. What are people using for replacements?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It’s currently not turning the front drive shaft and reverse isn’t under torque. So if anyone can point me in the right direction would be really helpful.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
You broke the reverse chain. It drives the front driveshaft. Super ATV makes a heavy duty replacement.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Should the affect the reverse issue as well?
If the front prop shaft is not spinning then the snorkel gear is broken. That will not effect reverse but if reverse is not working the reverse chain broke also. I assume you were hammering on it very hard :unsure:

·
Registered
335 Posts
It may just be the output shaft. I’ve seen several clean breaks on the output shaft and the snorkle gear be fine. Either way, Gilbert Designs can get you fixed up with what ever direction you want to go.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Rebuild time. Upgrade all parts and bearings. Contact your local UTV club. They will be a great source for local help. Hope you get it back going again soon.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the help. Guess I'll be spending my Memorial Day ripping a transmission apart.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
The snorkel gear broke and took out the case. This usually comes from being on the throttle WAY too hard and the front tires all of sudden get traction (or come down). You will need to open it up to determine the extent of the damage possibly to other gears. Get the OEM trans # off the sticker on the case to use for part ordering. You can pickup a used drivers side case cover fairlt cheap off ebay, try AZ Cycle parts. SATV also offers a complete HD trans.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The snorkel gear broke and took out the case. This usually comes from being on the throttle WAY too hard and the front tires all of sudden get traction (or come down). You will need to open it up to determine the extent of the damage possibly to other gears. Get the OEM trans # off the sticker on the case to use for part ordering. You can pickup a used drivers side case cover fairlt cheap off ebay, try AZ Cycle parts. SATV also offers a complete HD trans.
Parts already on order from SATV

1 - 13 of 13 Posts