Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The “Narrows“ was called “Pass Canyon” when I arrived in 2013. Maybe because there’s a Secret Pass Canyon Rd in Laughlin Ranch, near the wash that leads to the downstream dead end. It always confused me too after I discovered ”Secret Pass Canyon”, uphill and east of the Panty Tree. It’s in the Mt Nutt Wilderness and there’s another entrance that you’re not supposed to take but many do. (Closer to the Narrows top entrance) If you have the clearance you can connect to the other entrance. My 4 seater with stock wheels was a no-go in 3 spots. The last time I was at the Panty Tree a group came down the wash and said you couldn’t get through to the normal entrance of Secret Pass.
Hoping the 74” width doesn’t keep me from going to many places.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hoping the 74” width doesn’t keep me from going to many places.
You should be fine. The only place I’ve gone so far with 50 inch restricted trails is the Paiute Trail system in Utah. There’s still endless miles of non-restricted trails up there too, connecting to the Fremont, Great Western and Arapeen trail systems. More than I’ve explored in 20+ vacations in the region over the years. It’s a regular escape for me when the one-teens drive me out of the air-conditioned, cabin fever existence. It’s also beautiful in early October with aspen trees in raging fall colors.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Thanks for the pictures! Been to secret pass a few times , from Golden Valley go early and you have a good chance to see some big horn sheep. Haven’t been to panty tree , have to check that ride out .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Went by the dealer to see if they have an update on the delivery since I just confirmed the order on Tuesday. I was told between Feb 3 to March 3rd. Sure seems like a long wait but I know it will be worth it in the long run.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I ordered a 2021 Sportsman XP 1000 (ATV) on Jan 5th. They said 8-10 weeks. Funny how these dealers are so different than major car dealers. You want this vehicle, this color, these options....we’ll find one for you and have it here Monday. They had exactly what I wanted in Corona CA but wouldn’t sell it to me out the door (like the last 2 I bought up in Utah). Instead of the keys and 2 documents taken to AZ Motor Vehicles (pay tax, title, plate, registration, OHV decal), California dealer said the state demands tax & titling, to be sorted out later on my end. That’s OK, I’ll wait.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I ordered a 2021 Sportsman XP 1000 (ATV) on Jan 5th. They said 8-10 weeks. Funny how these dealers are so different than major car dealers. You want this vehicle, this color, these options....we’ll find one for you and have it here Monday. They had exactly what I wanted in Corona CA but wouldn’t sell it to me out the door (like the last 2 I bought up in Utah). Instead of the keys and 2 documents taken to AZ Motor Vehicles (pay tax, title, plate, registration, OHV decal), California dealer said the state demands tax & titling, to be sorted out later on my end. That’s OK, I’ll wait.
Yes I feel your frustration. I originally ordered a General XP with Ride Command. They told me it would be 10 to 12 weeks. I asked to switch my order without losing my deposit and Polaris allowed it. That is when I ordered the Turbo S 4. I went into the dealership Friday and was told it would be 6 to 10 weeks before it arrived. Like you, I’ll wait also.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts