Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3 years ago I bought a Ranger 800 to assist with the construction of a mini golf course I was building just north of Charlotte, my then 7 year old son went with me to the dealer to pick it up and it was there that he laid eyes on the RZR 170. From that day forward he never stopped asking me to trade his dirt bike in for one. Fast forward to spring of 2012, prior to leaving for a snowmobile trip in the U.P. of MI I thought about cruizing the net for what carry over inventory might be collecting dust at some of the Detroit, MI area dealers (FYI, lower MI economy sucks so bad, that's the place to find the deals on new equipment). Ends up there was a dealer with a handful of left over 170's unloading them in the low 3's + tax (no DOC fees or any of that BS). Took the wifes sled out of the trailer and made room for the 170 to be picked up on the return trip. Got home with it in early March, showed it to the boy (priceless reaction), and the next weekend loaded up the 170 & Ranger 800 and headed to Carolina Adventure World in SC. Well, while we had fun, I was beat to hell after driving the Ranger 800 like it was a trail machine! That Monday the 800 went bye-bye, and was replaced with a RZR 900 XP. Now, I have always been a snowmobiler & always will be, I do not care much for wheelers, never have, but I do believe I have found the next best thing to my snowmobiles. Having been raised on snowmobiles my whole life I don't find much use for sled forums, but this is a whole new world to me and my son and I was pretty pumped to find this forum while trying to find the answers to a couple questions regarding our RZR's, so I joined and have found tons of useful info to keep in the back of my mind when riding and servicing. Since March, we have logged over 400 miles between different trail systems that make up the Hattfield-McCoy trails in WV to our primary go-to location, Carolina Adventure World in SC. Looking forward to snow in the north this winter, but first we're looking forward to riding in the fall color w/ our new found powersport-passion.

·
Premium Member
8,864 Posts
Welcome to the Addiction!!!(R)

Wait till he outgrows the 170! I see an 800S in the future!! :rofl3:

·
Premium Member
2019 Turbo S Dynamix
90 Posts
Welcome to the forum and XP world Kip. We have a group of 7 down in the Weddington area just south of Charlotte that like to ride when we can. Headed to WV in a few weeks and then likely will head to CAW one weekend also. Keep us posted on any rides and we will do the same.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Another NC welcome!!!

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Figuring out this forum on ipad a little challenging. I think I've got it though. You have decent places down there in that area to ride

Sent from my iPad using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
43 Posts
Welcome from upstate SC. Look forward to riding with some of the NC guys. I love CAW we go as much as we can. looking for some riding places in NC.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome aboard....I am new (really new) also.....X Motocross racer here.....to many injuries.....I just bought a new XP900 a few weeks ago. I live in Cornelius......looking forward to getting together and riding!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts