Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cold weathers comin. We have a factory installed radio under the dash. Most heaters won't fit because of this. Any suggestions on a heater that will tuck up under the dash and still give us a defrost option. Looks like Summit Racing has a good set up. 28,000 BTU's. Anyone know of any others??

·
Registered
319 Posts
Wondering this myself....Summit Racing's heater systems are wayyy cheaper than the one from polaris as well. Good luck!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I just bought one similar to this it just doesn't have the grill it has two round openings same company. I haven't had time to mount it yet and I have to figure out the best way to plumb it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
my heater is made by rangerware and it has defrost and two other vents..i have a thermostat block on it..u cut a hole in the fire wall and the fan is on the outside and the heater core is on the inside and they bolt together...these rzrs are not air tight by no means even with a cab so for it to be effective you need to block off any place air gets in...after i did that i stayed very warm here in western pa last year....make sure what ever heater u decide on you get a thermostat block with it..every thing had templated for any thing that need cut in dash or fire wall...here is the instructions with pics not a bad install at all and also is the company info...u have to order the thermostat block extra but well worth the money so u have heat all the time like in your car.. http://media.50below.com//organizations/ba5fa28b-5322-423a-8c76-c4c003c753a6/WPS-184 RazorHeater online 9-23.pdf

·
Registered
443 Posts
The Rangerware heater set-up isn't available direct from Wide Open Co. anymore. They have revamped the kit so it is all inside the compartment due to the blower being exposed to dust and it now comes with the control valve and cable in the kit, but this is the complete kit that is now sold by Polaris for close to $600

J

·
0 Posts
I've been using the summit racing heater for a few years and its worked very well. I stay very warm in the winter. There is still plenty of room to mount a radio under the dash if you like.

J

·
0 Posts
I have a full cab and I just take off the half doors and put the full doors on when it gets real cold. It takes about 5min to switch out the doors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts