Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heated there factory seats? If so what kit did you use? Thanks in advance for the replys

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
Yes, 2 RZRs with factory seats. Amazon. Anything that is no larger than your seat dimensions. One of mine has a high-off-low setting, the other has a 9 position thumb wheel switch. Both were under $75, for 2 seat bases, seat backs, relay, switch and wiring harness. Both work fantastic!

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
I forgot to say, that I bought a pneumatic stapler gun to reattach the upholstery to the hard plastic seat innards. You may be able to get by with a T-50 Swingline, but I was doing 4 seats, and it wound up being like 200 staples. That was a very wise purchase! Something in the neighborhood of $90, and I have used it on other projects since then.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I did the kits from rocky mountain atv on our four seater...two rides , two washes so far so good. Everybody loves the kits! Hi/Lo/Off rocker gets very toasty.

I'd second the pneumatic stapler...well worth it to put stuff back together. gets some dielectric grease for the fittings should help with H20 too...

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
Do you think there would be any issues getting them wet?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Never sunk my machines, but I'm pretty thorough with the pressure washer after a ride. The newer Polaris machines have a waterproof membrane between the upholstery and the foam padding. The heaters go under the membrane, so they don't get wet. I don't see any issues with failure from water, unless you leave your ride out in the rain all the time.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
I have the carbon fiber kit with the round 3 position hi/off/low switches. They were installed by the previous owner. Have worked great for 5+ years now. I pressure wash machine after every ride. I do let the connections dry or blast them with an air hose after washing before turning them back on. But I'm sure there may have been a time or 2 that I didn't. I also pressure wash the seats, but I take care not to hit the underside on the cushion, again I'm sure they have gotten damp at some point, like when my wife and I crossed a creek that was a bit deeper than expected! Lets just say our butts were under water! And the heaters were in use at the time! The switches and the bottom of the seats were under water briefly, but to my surprise the seat heaters never stopped working. That was over a year ago. I did however replace the quick disconnects on the heating pads just a few weeks ago. After 5+ years of hooking/unhooking and taking the seats in and out of the machine, the wires were fraying and breaking where they went into the connectors. Which caused a short circuit and a blown inline fuse. I also have had the switches get sticky and not want to make contact, I use compressed air to blow them out and that seems to fix the problem for a while. Other than those couple of things they have worked great and have made the cold weather riding possible!

And I 3rd the pneumatic stapler! A great investment even if you only use it once. I purchased 1 back when I rode mx bikes, a total pain to try to staple seat covers to the plastic seat pan! The air stapler made it super easy. Can't count how many friends and friends of friends have borrowed it!

·
Registered
75 Posts
i went to local audio installer that does them. $ 150 installed in the seats, quick releases add to the seats so i take them right out. I wired them to XPT as i wanted to do that part. Low High and bottom and top of seats.

Love it and recommend it. nothing like a night ride in snow with heated seats. No issues so far

1 - 11 of 11 Posts