Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Vendor
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Good info here... We learned this back racing Rhino's. Always let it idle after getting off of the track (even let it go through a fan cycle).

I would just like to add that it is just as important that on a cold start that you let your ride warm up some. We are talking about a friction belt drive here, and the belt likes to have some temp so it is pliable enough to grip the sheaves without slipping.
Regards,
Agreed

·
Premium Member
2,723 Posts
Hunterworks thanks for reply. It would be helpful for people with this gauge to post some of those temps to get a rough baseline. Your post seems to endorse CVT blower use

Sent from my XT901 using RZRForums.net mobile app
I have the Alba temperature gauge on my exit duct. It is a 2014 XP1K 2 seater. Running around in low and rock crawling the gauge hardly moves. In the dunes it can heat up to 200F in just a couple of bowls. I believe belt damage is a time and temperature thing so I try to not let it get over 200F. I always run high idle for a minute or two after a hard run. It is good for the engine to get the oil flow and cool down hot areas too. Also WOT running down a dirt road heats the belt up fast. Both high speed roads and dunes are the most severe belt heating and I haven't pushed it long enough to see where (if any) the temperature stabilizes. Hope this gives you some idea of how to try and avoid belt damage.

·
Vendor
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hunterworks thanks for reply. It would be helpful for people with this gauge to post some of those temps to get a rough baseline. Your post seems to endorse CVT blower use

Sent from my XT901 using RZRForums.net mobile app
I have the Alba temperature gauge on my exit duct. It is a 2014 XP1K 2 seater. Running around in low and rock crawling the gauge hardly moves. In the dunes it can heat up to 200F in just a couple of bowls. I believe belt damage is a time and temperature thing so I try to not let it get over 200F. I always run high idle for a minute or two after a hard run. It is good for the engine to get the oil flow and cool down hot areas too. Also WOT running down a dirt road heats the belt up fast. Both high speed roads and dunes are the most severe belt heating and I haven't pushed it long enough to see where (if any) the temperature stabilizes. Hope this gives you some idea of how to try and avoid belt damage.
Like this info, not sure where the info in the quote of your post is but I will say unless all you do is slow speed stuff I would not use a blower, slows air down in high rpm riding

·
Vendor
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Does it come ready to go, or do I have to do a bunch of adjusting, I am an idiot when it comes to this.
There is instructions, you look up your set up in the instructions and set weights up accordingly, pick the helix angle from instructions and put it in. I could do one in about a hour.

Should test for shift speed before you button it up but that is about it.

Feel free to call me about it

Todd

21 - 25 of 25 Posts