Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
We have a full cab General with a heater in Colorado so we use it most of the time. Having said that we take the Turbo R occasionally to CO and here in TX when its cold. I am looking at options for heat: 1. heated seats 2. heated jackets- Milwaukee or similar with batteries 3. heated jackets- plug in motorcycle type Thoughts on any of these? I do have a full windshield which helps a lot Thanks
I have been at this since the beginning and have tried everything. You cannot beat and will not regret a proper heater

· Registered
228 Posts
I purchased something similar to this years ago for an old chevy that had very weak heat in it. Mine has flexible straps to wrap around the seat. I am heading to WV this weekend and it will be a bit chilly, so I am bringing it along to see how it works. Mine has a 12volt plug with hi-lo heat control also. The one I have has a canvas type exterior so I may lightly shoot it with some scotch guard too.

· Registered
21 Posts
We have a full cab General with a heater in Colorado so we use it most of the time. Having said that we take the Turbo R occasionally to CO and here in TX when its cold. I am looking at options for heat:
1. heated seats
2. heated jackets- Milwaukee or similar with batteries
3. heated jackets- plug in motorcycle type

Thoughts on any of these? I do have a full windshield which helps a lot
Thanks
I have a heated steering wheel on my 2016 Polaris 900 XC and a plug in 12 volt automobile seat heater. The seat heater requires a lot of battery, but I haven't installed extra. I rarely use the seat heater. The steering wheel is really nice.

I also have a Polaris upper doors. If you can keep the wind off you, half the battle is won. There are a lot of clothing options that work.

I live in southern Idaho and try to avoid riding when it is really cold or wet/snow. By cold I mean freezing or worse. Lots of riding in the 30s!

Afew years ago, we were riding ATVs when the temp was in the low teens and one of my grand daughters had her contact lens freeze to her eye. No damage once she thawed out.

I don't know if they still manufacture the heated steering wheel for Polaris.

My son from San Antonio and his boys usually visit every summer. When we go RZR/ATV, riding they bundle up in my winter coats. Usually the temps are in the 60s.

· Registered
539 Posts
Heated steering wheel on a RZR? Is your column hollow to run a wire through for that or do you just have some kind of coil cord on the exterior of the column?
there are a ton on the market that are rechargable. so no cord is needed when in use.
Just to be clear I am referring to a rechargable steering wheell cover

· Registered
21 Posts
Heated steering wheel on a RZR? Is your column hollow to run a wire through for that or do you just have some kind of coil cord on the exterior of the column?
Mine is a Heat Demon. It appears to be out of production at the present.

The power cord runs outside of the steering column and has an on/off button installed on the dash. You need a wheel puller to get the old wheel off the column.

This is my second one. My first was on a RZR 800.

It really works well and negates needing insulated gloves for driving.

· Registered
9 Posts
Also seen guys use a heater core from an Auto or Pickup truck.
I might try something similar to this: I could mount a fan in the rear panel and if I can find a reversible one make it bring hot air out in the winter and take it out in the summer.

Polaris RZR Access Panel with a 425 CFM Fan, to suck summer heat/dust out. | eBay
I use a Schumacher 122 Turbo Fan with Heavy-Duty Clamp - 12V - for Cars in my 2022 RZR 1000 Trail S in the fire wall access door. Fully enclosed with Upper doors, glass wind shield and rear window. To make it extra snug we put a wool blanket on our lap to stop any drafts and get the heat from the center console. Rode down to 10 degrees last winter in Minnesota. Without enclose these things are colder than a snowmobile IMHO. Have many miles on both.

· Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I purchased something similar to this years ago for an old chevy that had very weak heat in it. Mine has flexible straps to wrap around the seat. I am heading to WV this weekend and it will be a bit chilly, so I am bringing it along to see how it works. Mine has a 12volt plug with hi-lo heat control also. The one I have has a canvas type exterior so I may lightly shoot it with some scotch guard too.
Thanks. I bought two of these off of Amazon. Tried one yesterday and it got my back and butt warm in just a couple of minutes. I also found a couple 12V heated blankets at Walmart. Between the seat warmers, blankets and full windshield we should be ok. We don't ride in the cold all of the time so it's not worth it to put a heater in.

· Premium Member
3,506 Posts
Makes me leery using electric heaters I had a 300w fan heater wired in directly to the battery. 15 minutes to Half an hour with the fan on heat, stopped and touched my voltage regulator and it felt like it was ready to melt. If the voltage gets toasted ,The engine won’t run. so I scrap that idea edon’t know about electric blankets maybe check your voltage regulator and see how hot it gets. just my two cents.

· Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Makes me leery using electric heaters I had a 300w fan heater wired in directly to the battery. 15 minutes to Half an hour with the fan on heat, stopped and touched my voltage regulator and it felt like it was ready to melt. If the voltage gets toasted ,The engine won’t run. so I scrap that idea edon’t know about electric blankets maybe check your voltage regulator and see how hot it gets. just my two cents.
Seat heaters are 40W each so are blankets. All four are 160W on high. Considering alternator is 900W I don't see a problem. I don't run high wattage sound systems or anything else aftermarket that is high wattage. I do plan on running just what we need and I will check the regulator- thanks

· Registered
482 Posts
A couple of gear options:
Gerbing (aka Gyde) First Gear, Hotwired, California Heat.
I have a full compliment of Gerbing heated gear for my 2 wheel $$$$ pit. Gloves, jacket and pants liners, insoles and socks. It's all ran off wired 12v and controlled by a wireless 2 zone t-stat.
It was a bit of initial cost however I can / have ridden in 20* - 30* temps for hours comfortably and without the bulk of insulated Carharts.
I had the Heated vest, pants, and socks. My GS 1200 had the heated grips for the hands and they kept my hands nice and toasty. I road my bike 1600 miles in two days to get to Seattle where I was working. It snowed on me a bit in Oregon and rained a lot but I stayed dry and warm with the heated gear. I sold the Gerbing gear when I sold the bike. Well the pants and vest.

So far for my Pro XP I haven't had any issues with dressing for the cold. I've been out in the high 20s and low 30s and we just wore our winter clothing. Gore-Tex pants, insulated boots, heavy North Face Gore-Tex coat, and a good pair of gloves. I wear a light neck gator/face covering and with the windshield it works fine.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts