Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

· Premium Member
2020 XP41K High Lifter
419 Posts
Is the material glued or stapled?

I've been delaying buying my PRPs mainly for the price, I know Seth at hardline is probably getting annoyed with me by now lmao but I'm wondering if it's easy to remove the vinyl to install the Tusk heaters myself. Would save me literally about 500 bucks doing it myself.

· Super Moderator
9,071 Posts

I've been delaying buying my PRPs mainly for the price, I know Seth at hardline is probably getting annoyed with me by now lmao but I'm wondering if it's easy to remove the vinyl to install the Tusk heaters myself. Would save me literally about 500 bucks doing it myself.
I've done quite a few and it's easy but a bit time consuming to do it correctly. The seats covers are not glued or stapled. There is a sleeve sewn around the edges of the cover that houses a draw string. The draw string is used to tension the cover around the frame and foam. Untie the draw string and carefully work the cover up and off the frame. Install heater of choice, reinstall cover, and tension appropriately.

· Vendor
426 Posts

Check this one out, it would be great for late fall and early winter. The battery provides about 8 hours of heating on the lowest setting and about 3 hours on the maximum setting.

PM me for forum members-only promo code!

· Registered
954 Posts

Spend the money, it’s great when they show up and it’s just plug and play

· Premium Member
2020 XP41K High Lifter
419 Posts
Spend the money, it’s great when they show up and it’s just plug and play
I decided to do them myself. Call me cheap but if I can save some money, I'm all game. Plus, we don't know what kind of heaters PRPs putting in these things. At least the Tusk heaters we know are good since everyone recommends them and they have great reviews.

· Registered
954 Posts
I decided to do them myself. Call me cheap but if I can save some money, I'm all game. Plus, we don't know what kind of heaters PRPs putting in these things. At least the Tusk heaters we know are good since everyone recommends them and they have great reviews.
Had mine for almost 2 years and they both still work great. Also I’m assuming you’re buying 4 seats, because the heated seats are a $165 option. I’d say to heck with the rear seat heaters lol.

· Registered
520 Posts
Had mine for almost 2 years and they both still work great. Also I’m assuming you’re buying 4 seats, because the heated seats are a $165 option. I’d say to heck with the rear seat heaters lol.
At $165 per seat it’s not worth the the time to do yourself. You can make the $165 to pay for them faster. Remember that includes the heaters you would still have to buy.

· Registered
954 Posts
At $165 per seat it’s not worth the the time to do yourself. You can make the $165 to pay for them faster. Remember that includes the heaters you would still have to buy.
Oh I completely agree with you I bought mine with heat. No way I’m fooling with it for $165, my time is worth more than that. That’s what I was saying to @Joe2209.

· Premium Member
785 Posts
We have a full cab General with a heater in Colorado so we use it most of the time. Having said that we take the Turbo R occasionally to CO and here in TX when its cold. I am looking at options for heat:
1. heated seats
2. heated jackets- Milwaukee or similar with batteries
3. heated jackets- plug in motorcycle type

Thoughts on any of these? I do have a full windshield which helps a lot
Thanks
Check out page 11 of my build tread below for some more step by step seat heater install pics.
I am very happy with my DIY seat heaters.

· Registered
520 Posts
Oh I completely agree with you I bought mine with heat. No way I’m fooling with it for $165, my time is worth more than that. That’s what I was saying to @Joe2209.
Fully understood your message was agreeing. On a sidenote does anybody know if Tusk or anybody else makes seat heat pads for the stock pro seats? I personally like the seats.

· Premium Member
2020 XP41K High Lifter
419 Posts
Yeah, going heated on all 4. If I don't the kiddos will complain lol

I personally see saving the money as a win. I don't care how long it takes me, I get experience doing it too so that's a plus.

I'm the type that would rather build a house or deck myself as opposed to paying someone else to do it. But to each their own!

· Registered
954 Posts
Yeah, going heated on all 4. If I don't the kiddos will complain lol

I personally see saving the money as a win. I don't care how long it takes me, I get experience doing it too so that's a plus.

I'm the type that would rather build a house or deck myself as opposed to paying someone else to do it. But to each their own!
Everyone is different, my rule of thumb is if paying someone will be less than what I make for my time in my office, then I pay them to do it. No sense in losing a few thousand dollars to save a few hundred is the way I look at things.

Id also tell the kids to walk or stay home if they complained though so there’s also that 😂

· Premium Member
14 Posts
What do you consider cold? Last January I road in WV and it was below 32 the entire trip. Half doors and windshield on my 570. I have an old modular helmet from my snowmobile days and kept the face mask up, good pair of insulated carhartts and never got cold at all. I took a full face helmet too but never needed it.
In Eastern Montana it's not uncommon for see -20 for weeks on end.

· Registered
2021 Pro XP 4
24 Posts

· Registered
539 Posts
I did heated seats under the the cove on my general, easy job,and worked great. Looks to be a headache on my turbo r! So I
just today ordered the heated seat cushion/covers, they just strap to the seat, and plug into cig lighter. I also have full cab, and
inferno heater, but more is better.

· Registered
540 Posts
We have a full cab General with a heater in Colorado so we use it most of the time. Having said that we take the Turbo R occasionally to CO and here in TX when its cold. I am looking at options for heat:
1. heated seats
2. heated jackets- Milwaukee or similar with batteries
3. heated jackets- plug in motorcycle type

Thoughts on any of these? I do have a full windshield which helps a lot
Thanks
Have you looked at heat seat covers / pads? Here's one that looks simple to use, plugs into cigarette type outlet

· Registered
520 Posts
I did heated seats under the the cove on my general, easy job,and worked great. Looks to be a headache on my turbo r! So I
just today ordered the heated seat cushion/covers, they just strap to the seat, and plug into cig lighter. I also have full cab, and
inferno heater, but more is better.
Heated seat covers? Are they generic one size fits all or does someone make a set to fit the pro series seats?

21 - 40 of 61 Posts