Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

· Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a full cab General with a heater in Colorado so we use it most of the time. Having said that we take the Turbo R occasionally to CO and here in TX when its cold. I am looking at options for heat:
1. heated seats
2. heated jackets- Milwaukee or similar with batteries
3. heated jackets- plug in motorcycle type

Thoughts on any of these? I do have a full windshield which helps a lot
Thanks

· Registered
4,456 Posts
I second the heated seats option.

· Registered
730 Posts
What do you consider cold? Last January I road in WV and it was below 32 the entire trip. Half doors and windshield on my 570. I have an old modular helmet from my snowmobile days and kept the face mask up, good pair of insulated carharts and never got cold at all. I took a full face helmet too but never needed it.

· Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What do you consider cold? Last January I road in WV and it was below 32 the entire trip. Half doors and windshield on my 570. I have an old modular helmet from my snowmobile days and kept the face mask up, good pair of insulated carharts and never got cold at all. I took a full face helmet too but never needed it.
Depends where I am. In Texas because it's damp even 40's feels cold. In CO it's so dry that sometimes the 20's can feel warmer- especially because we are 1.5 miles closer to the sun..

· Registered
101 Posts
A couple of gear options:
Gerbing (aka Gyde) First Gear, Hotwired, California Heat.
I have a full compliment of Gerbing heated gear for my 2 wheel $$$$ pit. Gloves, jacket and pants liners, insoles and socks. It's all ran off wired 12v and controlled by a wireless 2 zone t-stat.
It was a bit of initial cost however I can / have ridden in 20* - 30* temps for hours comfortably and without the bulk of insulated Carharts.

· Registered
2020 Polaris RZR Pro XP Premium
2,787 Posts

I have these in my Pro XP. I bought two sets. I put one element in the largest spot on the seat bottom, and one on the seat back lower center. Works very well.

Then we also have the heated Jackets, full cab enclosure, and a cab heater from Inferno. We can and do ride all year long in the Midwest.

The biggest thing you can do to stay warm, regardless of heaters or not, is closing off the cab from the wind. Unless it’s in the 20’s or below, the wind is a bigger factor than the temperature.

I would take below freezing and no wind over a windy 45 degrees any day.

· Registered
1,008 Posts
Best bang for your buck is heated gear. Gerbing, Milwaukee, Carhart, etc.

Whats nice about gear is you can get a separate battery pack and have heated jacket & gloves when not riding.

I kept my old Gerbing, heated motorcycle gear. Works great in the RZR. Separate temp controls for the gloves & jacket.

· Registered
121 Posts
8KW Diesel Air Heater 12V All In One LCD Thermostat Boat Motorhome Truck Trailer
Product Automotive lighting Font Digital camera Automotive design

check these out on e bay
ive had one in both my 4 seat polaris's
simple 12v with quick disconect and a hole in floor for the exhaust/insulated with spark plug boot insulators
i do have enclosure so it heats up really good sitting and the faster you go the cooler it gets from air coming in

· Premium Member
1,596 Posts
On a related subject, heated seats, has anyone done that with PRP seats?
Along with a cab enclosure, I have heated seats & heated back in my PRP XC Seats-with a moto alliance cab heater.
Additionally; also run a inverter when it gets really chilly up here in Wyoming, for the wife to have a heated blanket or heat pad when we are out elk hunting in the 10* weather we are having now.
She stays toasty when we are not running the engine ( noise) to have all the heat needed.
I also got a heated steering wheel from Heat Demon- now that's the big ticket item but well worth it- No bulky gloves !!

Hog ring pliers help with upholstery reinstallation.

· Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Buy a Pro R, I rode last week in WV and thought it was on fire lol. Time for a Wolfsnout insulation kit.
My Turbo R was very hot inside the cab but I added pipe insulation on the coolant line and Thermo Tec heater barrier on the tunnel and rear panel to keep the heat out. Now I need some back- but on demand. LOL

1 - 20 of 61 Posts