Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out to do some slow trail riding on Saturday, I couldn't believe how bad the heat in that box got, the tools were so hot you couldn't hold onto them! The ice in my cooler lasted about 20 minutes after we left.

I went to Lowes and got some thin self adhesive insulation they had that has a silver backing on it, I covered the bottom of the Box, I'm also going to see if I can cover the bottom of the bed panel as well, anything to keep that heat out of the bed.

Has anyone tried riding without the cover over the oil tank? Seems like alot of that underbed heat would rise out through that hole if left open...these XP's will roast you on a slow ride in the woods...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The insulation fromLowe's did a great job at keeping the heat out of the box. The stuff is about $18 a roll, takes 10 minutes to install and works!

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Ours gets that hot, We call it "The Pizza Oven". Bought the UTV inc. under bed heat shield kit and installed it last weekend. Planning on using that same insulating material under and inside the box. Hope it helps we don't need any extra help keeping things hot in AZ.

·
The Dark Knight
1,379 Posts
My ice in my cooler does not last long either. I am bout to buy the utv under bed heat sheild. Watch out about the stick on stuff, it has been know to fall off and get on the motor and catch fire.

On one of my gators at work, that happened. Oh and a bird nest on top of the motor burns good too, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Aussie nut case
361 Posts
I am installing the UTVinc heat shields today, last ride I 'bout cooked & the stuff in the bed was so hot I had to take the whole bag out & put it in the passenger seat.

·
Aussie nut case
361 Posts
Heat shields installed from UTVinc work great! & they have the best service around, great company to deal with. I also put a shield ( UTVinc), on the shock next to the exhaust which works as well

1 - 10 of 10 Posts