Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently bought a 2011 RZR S and took it out for a week in SE Utah. She ran great and went anywhere I pointed her, but we had a plastic bag in the bed to keep our jackets in when it warmed up and the plastic melted from the heat in the bed. I guess this is normal but does anyone make a heat shield for this or is there something else I can do to reduce the heat? You can't put your hand on the body back there. I had a gas can back there too and had to keep it on the drivers side as I was afraid it would melt too. If this is normal then I'll get a rack to keep things off the bed.

·
Badhabitsoffroad*****
50 Posts
My 2011 rzr s melted the right rear fender with only 1.8 hours on it. Polaris had me a new one in less then a week

·
Badhabitsoffroad*****
50 Posts
Nothing!! The dealer rep told me he would ask but they didn't reply he said he heard a rumor that there is a build change on the assembly line. Not what I wanted to hear.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
My solution.
We will see how it holds up under extreme conditions.
So far, just some runs around the hood.
My oil cooler and radiator lines were getting too hot and defeating their purpose.
This is about 50 ft of 1 inch wrap.

·
Badhabitsoffroad*****
50 Posts
That's what we use to do on the sportsman 800 atv you should buy the paint for the wrap it will make it last alot longer

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Great ideas here. Between the heat shield from UTV, heat freflecting tape and pipe wrap, I might get some heat reduced. I'd like to know what Polaris is going to do about it....if anything.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts