Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Product Tester
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to try Juniper this weekend. I will be with the infamous One Arm Bandit!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Going to try Juniper this weekend. I will be with the infamous One Arm Bandit!
I'll be in Portland Friday and Saturday and my kid's birthday is Sunday, so I won't be riding this weekend. Have a good ride, and stay safe. We still haven't had much/any rain, so plan on it being dusty and deep.

Where is that at?
About 10 miles northeast of Pasco, WA. Here is a google map.

Here's a little video from riding a couple weeks ago, should still be a pretty accurate representation of the conditions out there:
Juniper Dunes 9.16.2012 pt2

·
Product Tester
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pasco, Washington.

G

·
How long does it take you to get there? I know St Anthonys is a 5+ hour drive towing. How is the camping there?

Matt

·
Registered
572 Posts
How long does it take you to get there? I know St Anthonys is a 5+ hour drive towing. How is the camping there?

Matt
Pasco to Boise is about 5 hours if you drive the speed limit and don't make too many stops.

Juniper is BLM and DNR land, and there are no improved camping facilities. Dry camping is allowed, and there are many "established" camp sites, mainly in Smith Canyon and alongside the road on top of the hill.

G

·
Anything special to make it worth going there over going to east idaho if the drive is the same? Going over the blues would be tough towing my 38' trailer.

Matt

·
Registered
572 Posts
Anything special to make it worth going there over going to east idaho if the drive is the same? Going over the blues would be tough towing my 38' trailer.

Matt
Never been to east idaho, so I can't compare the two areas. There's a lot of acreage at Juniper, but the actual "dune" areas aren't that big (certainly nothing like the dunes on the oregon coast, for instance). There are distinct dunes that are separated by trails through the sagebrush and grass between them. You can ride there all day and never see the same stretch of trail if you want to. It's pretty whoopy on most of the trails. I'm not much of a dune guy in general but I ride at Juniper quite a bit just because it's close and I can run out there for a few hours if I want to.

·
Product Tester
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm working over this week so I tow my trailer along and leave at one of my customers business. Pick it up on Friday and go riding. Makes for a long drive home on Sunday though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts