Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I. Having some electrical problems I’m trying to chase down. When you turn your key on to the first “click” what happens does it make any noise or does anything light up ?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes , when you turn the key and it clicks into the first spot called accessaries . Does anything happen ?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Jackson, is yours doing something or not doing something that concerns you when you go to the first click? Or were you just curious what it did? Just and FYI there are mutiple plugs behind the gauge cluster you can tie into if your needing to wire something up for accessories.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jackson, is yours doing something or not doing something that concerns you when you go to the first click? Or were you just curious what it did? Just and FYI there are mutiple plugs behind the gauge cluster you can tie into if your needing to wire something up for accessories.
You might be sorry you asked :)
I went out to start it the other day and it wouldn’t crank . It was pretty cold out so I threw a battery charger on it and it still wouldn’t crank so I tried jumping it and it still wouldn’t crank.
I’ve bought a new battery
Cleaned the battery cables
Cleaned all the chassis grounds
Checked the fuses
Moved relays around
Jumped the brake switch
Swapped out the ignition switche
Swapped out the solenoid
If I jump the solenoid it it will crank but not start
Cleaned the cable back at the starter
Put a ground wire from the starter strand to the battery
Some weird symptoms I’m having are if I turn it to the run position, the gauges light up and the the headlights come on, if I turn it to start the lights go black and don’t come on.
I have to take off the ground and let it reset before the lights will work again.
Also when I turn the key to the run position if I look at the light switch I can see the little blue light pulsing.
If I disconnect the cable from the solenoid to the starter it stops pulsing
If I turn the lights on then turn the key of the lights go out immediately . On my other razors they have a 5 second delay
On my other razors if I turn the key to accessary stuff comes on but they have ride command which is probably hooked to accessaries.
So I was wondering if anything at all happens when someone initially turns it to the accessary position. It may give me a clue as to where to look next.
At this point I’m thinking bad wire or Ecu .

·
Registered
41 Posts
Has it seen a lot of water? I had a Ranger do something similar that had been in water. Ended up being a ground pin to the fuel pump in the plug to ECU had got corroded. Almost didn't catch it as those pins are tiny,

·
Registered
41 Posts
Has it seen a lot of water? I had a Ranger do something similar that had been in water. Ended up being a ground pin to the fuel pump in the plug to ECU had got corroded. Almost didn't catch it as those pins are tiny.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven't done any deep water stuff but here in Missouri there are plenty of chances to throw water up on your rig and get everything wet. I'm figuring my next step is to start pulling stuff off to be ble to get to all the wires and terminals. My other thought was maybe a mouse but I haven't seen anything that indicates ones been up there chewing around

·
Registered
41 Posts
Where are you in MO? I'm in the Southeast near Dexter. I would pull the terminal to everything you can, spray some contact cleaner in them and them put some dielectric grease in the plugs. I try to put dielectric grease in all electrical connectors on these things.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Where are you in MO? I'm in the Southeast near Dexter. I would pull the terminal to everything you can, spray some contact cleaner in them and them put some dielectric grease in the plugs. I try to put dielectric grease in all electrical connectors on these things.
Near Farmington. Yep that's my next plan.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I figured it out. Turned out it was the gauge cluster connector. I took it off put it back on wiggled it all good ! After all that it was that simple

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I’ve been to Cloud 9 once. Keep saying I’m going to join but don’t get around to it . Maybe this year .

·
Registered
41 Posts
Now they have it where you can go for 3 days and 2 nights for free if you've never took their tour. Just an fyi, its usually cheaper to buy a membership during their fall membership drive or from someone who wants to sell theirs.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think I saw the other day they were still 699. We tend to ride a lot of places so I'm not sure how much I would use it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts