Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 2010 rzr and I have a couple questions that I hope I can get some answers too...first of all, I flipped it over today now something in the front ends feels wierd...like when i'm driving down the street, and turn the wheel to the left or right, it doesnt come back straight...it will continue on the direction that the wheel is turned even when i let go..i know it didnt do that before. next when the engine gets to temprature, it sounds very loud like something tinging or rattleing but nothing is loose..this only happens when the motor is hot and has been running. is this common? Oh and one more thing...i lost my brake petal also, it went right to the floor but then it came back...it was wierd but i cant take any chances on my brake petal going right to the floor in the situation that i really need to stop...any ideas guys? thanks alot for any responses!

H

·
0 Posts
Lots of things could be amiss after a roll. I suggest if you aren't confindent that you can instpect it and make it safe take it to a dealer..I hate to suggest that as I don't take mine in at all cost..but where safety is concerned(steering and brakes) if you are not mechanically inclined...take it in.
With that said..the steering is likely an alignment issue..could be a bent tie rod ecr..
Brakes..maybe some air in the system...from the roll?

Oh yea..engine noise sounds like detonation...have you checked the intake tract for oil??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured out the brake problem, it was actually a loose brake line, and the steering just needed to greese up the a-arms and tighten up a few loose ends.. but the engine is still ticking pretty loud. No oil in the intake, infact the intake was very clean but it's only when it gets hot, its wierd..sounds like lifters, I just dont want to pull the top end apart and replace all the gaskets if I dont have to. I take it the ticking/rattleing noise is not common??? I dont know anyone else with a rzr that I can compare it to... thanks for the reply tho.

·
Registered
51 Posts
What does oil in the intake indicate? I have an 09 that makes a slight ticking noise and I've found what looked like a drop of oil in the intake (right below the BAP sensor). I also found oil in the airbox but I think that's because the dealer overfilled it once during an oil change. My ticking noise sounds like a sewing machine and is most audible between 3500-4000 RPM under light load (flat ground cruising at slow speed). When I get on the throttle or off all the way you can't hear it. It's only when you're cruising under light throttle. Any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have an 800 sportsman that rattles at high speed or WOT. Was told by the dealer that it is more than likely a loose bolt on the heat shield. You could also have jarred the exhaust enough to cause a leak when it is warm.

I've found that, after you wreck or drown something, you tend to hear things that were there all along, just never had a reason to listen closely for them.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts