Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is; Have you used an extended warranty? And if so what work have you had done? I just want to know if it is worth the money you have to pay for an extended warranty.

Thanks,

STONEMAN

·
Registered
882 Posts
I bought extended warranties for my first 2 quads, and first RZR...none of them ever went in for warranty work. In my experience, it doesn't matter how long of a warranty something comes with, as soon as it expires...that's when your problems will start :sad:. And for the cost of some extended warranties, you can do quite a bit of reactive maintenance on your own. And most of the items that you will experience failures with (belts, brakes, etc) are considered normal wear items, and aren't covered by a lot of warranties.

·
Registered
49 Posts
One month after the factory warranty expired the front different needed replaced.my cost would have been more than the cost of the extended warranty.later a torn Cv boot,oil leaks from sending unit,tilt steering ram,and replace and adjust to sensor.not to mention the factory paid top end engine rebuild for dust engestion. Sure am happy the wife talked me into the extended warranty. Only thing that sucks is I can't do many upgrades without voiding it.or hide what I did.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just my experience but the extended warranty is a complete waste of money. i've never once been able to get a single problem fixed under my warranty. I have the polaris star by the way. my advice, keep that money in your pocket for when something actually does go wrong. chances are, whatever you break will do so because you were actually using your machine. warranty pretty much doesnt cover anything that looks like you were using your machine when it broke. may just be my experience but if i could go back, i wouldnt have wasted my money on my policies

·
Registered
96 Posts
Delmar, what warranty did you purchase? I've heard that there are better/worse ones. its only after the fact that i was told that the polaris star warranty covers pretty much nothing (of course its the one i bought). i've had several of the problems you mentioned and none of this work was covered by my warranty. Just curious, maybe we can figure out which policy we need to buy from now on with this thread

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have bought vehicles for thirty years and this is the first time I ever bought an extended warranty. At under 600 miles my engine exploded and my dealership that everyone told me not to buy from and Polaristar warranty put me in a brand new engine. If they never do anything else for me I can't complain.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
my rzrs has around 2000 miles,clutch,front and rear diffs complete,front control arm bushings,ball joints,1 tie rod end,1 shock 1 brake line ,shock broke at the lower eye and ripped brake line off,and 1 fuel pump.I know theres something else but can't seem to remember what it was.my wifes rzr has had a frt shock under ext. and a complete top end on initial warranty. enough to cover the warranty cost of 600.00 more than 5 times.I've said it before and and say it again if I had no warranty on my rzrs I'd sell them tomorrow and get one that has a warranty.thats just my opinion though.Butch

·
Registered
49 Posts
Delmar, what warranty did you purchase? I've heard that there are better/worse ones. its only after the fact that i was told that the polaris star warranty covers pretty much nothing (of course its the one i bought). i've had several of the problems you mentioned and none of this work was covered by my warranty. Just curious, maybe we can figure out which policy we need to buy from now on with this thread
the warranty i have is polaristar also,ive never had a claim rejected.i understand alot of warranty companies send someone out to the dealership to look at the problem when a claim is submitted and they usually are denied but my dealer sends an email for claims and they email back an answer.i paid 3grand with a $50 deductible for 5 yrs but it turned out to be worth it. p.s. i wrote the above thread on my droid and it kicked out tb for throttle body that i had replaced cause it went out.

·
Matt
197 Posts
I got it because I wasn't 100% convinced that they fixed the airbox issue and so far I've had 1 claim on a rear wheel bearing. The dealer told me that it would have cost me @ $250 for the repair and I paid $800 for the warranty. I still have 3yrs left so if its gonna break let it be now!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts