Votes: 253 39.7%
  • No, its too expensive to roll over

Votes: 147 23.0%
161 - 180 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
NOT ME BUT HERE IS MY FRIENDS RHINO
Do those Rhino's get tired and just lay over? Flat road even. Looks like it was mad at who it was hauling and tried to dump them over the edge.

·
Lurker
102 Posts
Do those Rhino's get tired and just lay over? Flat road even. Looks like it was mad at who it was hauling and tried to dump them over the edge.
it was actually right after a blind turn on the way down crown king. but he always drives that thing like he stole it

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
it was actually right after a blind turn on the way down crown king. but he always drives that thing like he stole it
Had to be more then a little frighting with the drop off.

·
Lurker
102 Posts
Had to be more then a little frighting with the drop off.
i thought the same thing but they said it wasn't as bad as it looked

·
Registered
6 Posts
So you've flipped your RZR upside down. What about oil coming out the top end and pouring out the intake above the fender that feeds the air box? What is the fix for that? Can you have the engine flushed? I'm not saying it happened to me but if it did, what do you do to rectify? If I did flip mine upside down I would shut it off immediately and get it flipped back over ASAP.

If it were me I wouldn't start it again until I knew that nothing had been sucked in to the intake (dirt/sand) and then take it to dealer to get the engine flushed and refilled. Thoughts??

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am amazed at how many people are saying they have rolled there RZR. I have an XP4 and I drive the crap out of it and have never even come close to rolling. I do all desert riding and i have the rear end sliding around corners constantly, but always in control. I guess the next question would be what has caused the rolls. My guess is what another stated and that is people doing donuts.
I felt exactly like you. I never came close, and I drive hard. Yep, then in my yard, went to spin it around with two buddies and up and over we went. I feel way more secure with fast slides into a corner than slow donuts.. The only upside, "no pun intended". is the Pro Armor seats and harnesses worked awesome. Truth be told, I put a lot of it on for looks, but now its all about the safety. Its good to know it can happen. I will be way more intentional about my passengers keeping their hands on the Oh S*#$ Bar.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i rolled my rzr 800s today with a friend in it forgot i switched tires tried a doughnut and over we went ,we ended upside down with warm oil dripping on my face i got out then got her out and luckily we were on the flat and i managed to roll it back over .
the main damage you find is to the doors there usually out of line and you have to take them off and straighten them out.
Although i did trash my light bar mmmmmm must put it inside next time.
all i can say is harness harness harness i guy rolled his no roof or harness last week here, she broke her arm but he peeled his skin of his head you could see his skull he was rushed to hospital and had 250 stitches what a mess so guys please be safe but,

have fun

·
Registered
367 Posts
Slomo monster truck side flop (0 mph) on steep rock after getting fairly sideways. Bent cage, otherwise cosmetic. Broken clavicle and 2 ribs. Four hours out to ER after winching upright, which took a while given the poorly positioned anchors present.

I attribute the broken bones to installing XP1000 seats using commercial adapters. The XP seat backs sit several inches forward (with the seat cushion being overall a bit higher) than the stock seat position, exposing shoulder and ribs to impact.

Helmet saved me from head injury.

It's a popular mod, but I would probably have been fine with the stock seats (which I have now gone back to). After going through this, I will trade a sore butt for broken bones anytime. I'm really watching what I mod after this.

·
Approved Terrorist Killer
4 Posts
You can roll it all you want it just depends on the situation. If you're doing 70-80+ and you roll it you're gonna break a lot and it will cost a lot. But if you just hit a bump and roll it nothing will happen. Most common roll and break is going hill climbing, and I'm not talking those little hills I'm talking the gnarly ones that got roots and ruts and shit, and they'll roll backwards and sideways and usually break a control arm or rip off a wheel.

·
Super Moderator
4,989 Posts
Simply amazing! Your Mountain Dew (if that's what's REALLY inside that bottle) landed upright after flying out! 😁
Yep Mountain Drew, I don't drink. I put it there while assessing how to turn it back over, it was a nasty spot 🤣

·
Registered
997 Posts
Definition of roll?

We talking a full roll or just a flop on the side?
Mine has been on its left side and its right side each once.

First one was super slow, a sloth could of gotten out of the way before we landed.
2nd time was a quicky but a soft and easy landing.

161 - 180 of 217 Posts