• Not yet

Votes: 253 39.7%
  • No, its too expensive to roll over

Votes: 147 23.0%
201 - 217 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have crazy ideas about insurance I guess. If a company takes my money and we agree on the terms of that exchange, then I expect them to honor their end of the bargain. If they say they are going to protect my off road vehicle, a vehicle designed to crawl over rocks, go up steep inclines and down scrabbly slopes AND I am willin to pay the fee for that protection, then I see no problem with them stepping up and paying for the fall out should a mishap occur. Otherwise where do you draw the line? Who gets to define what's appropriate for off road vehicle use? If I'm paying for coverage, I damn well should get what I am paying for.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I have crazy ideas about insurance I guess. If a company takes my money and we agree on the terms of that exchange, then I expect them to honor their end of the bargain. If they say they are going to protect my off road vehicle, a vehicle designed to crawl over rocks, go up steep inclines and down scrabbly slopes AND I am willin to pay the fee for that protection, then I see no problem with them stepping up and paying for the fall out should a mishap occur. Otherwise where do you draw the line? Who gets to define what's appropriate for off road vehicle use? If I'm paying for coverage, I damn well should get what I am paying for.
I agree totally. If I do something stupid I’m not gonna turn it in though. But if I’m doing something I’m confident in, and something goes wrong, then I’m turning it in. After all insurance against an accident is what I’m paying for.

Having said that I’ve only ever turned in one machine, one time in all my years of riding. And I was completely honest about what happened. They treated me well I felt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
581 Posts
I agree totally. If I do something stupid I’m not gonna turn it in though. But if I’m doing something I’m confident in, and something goes wrong, then I’m turning it in. After all insurance against an accident is what I’m paying for.

Having said that I’ve only ever turned in one machine, one time in all my years of riding. And I was completely honest about what happened. They treated me well I felt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yep. I totally get that. I have covered a few stupid moves on my hot rods over the years just because I didn't want to turn them in and raise my rates or worse, get canceled.

·
Registered
23 Posts
When I ordered mine I was shown the service area. They had a RZR that had rolled multiple times. The owner had changed to harnesses but didn’t have a helmet on. His head whacked the knob on the cage where the shoulder belt used to attach. Knocked him unconscious, he was lucky that was all that happened. Stuff can happen very fast when you are traveling fast. Use your safety equipment!

·
Registered
703 Posts
I
@auburnu008 I think Jerry just called you out :unsure:
Well after reading thru the YouTube comments, looks like that rzr suffered $31,000 in repairs and was claimed a total loss. 🤔

Given that, I may need to go re evaluate my roll over- it may just put me in a new rzr. 🤔

Thank goodness you’ve never rolled yours joe. I was unaware of just how popcorn these frames are. In hindsight, maybe you should have started your build using a tube chassis instead of building around the cheap Polaris frame. 🤦🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
307 Posts
I say to draw the line at one total, period. People who use insurance so they can drive like idiots just cost everyone. When you are paying 2-3k for insurance a year maybe peoples opinions will change.

I just went through this a few months ago when I bought my new Yxz. I have State Farm and insure my Razor with them. They wanted more than double to insure the Yxz, with the same coverage, as I pay for the Razor. My agent said it's because they don't want to insure them anymore because of the high claim rates.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I say to draw the line at one total, period. People who use insurance so they can drive like idiots just cost everyone. When you are paying 2-3k for insurance a year maybe peoples opinions will change.

I just went through this a few months ago when I bought my new Yxz. I have State Farm and insure my Razor with them. They wanted more than double to insure the Yxz, with the same coverage, as I pay for the Razor. My agent said it's because they don't want to insure them anymore because of the high claim rates.
You have every right to buy something else, pay cash and get liability or gut it up. If I total my rig, I fully expect to pay more for insurance the next go around. If the company takes my money, I expect to be covered. Period. If owning a particular vehicle is too costly for you, then perhaps you should consider options. Just saying. I don't own a C7 Corvette expressly because of what my insurance company said it would cost. Do I cry about the other guys wrecking theirs causing rates to go up? Nope. I settled on an SS Camaro and am happy to have it.

·
Registered
703 Posts
You have every right to buy something else, pay cash and get liability or gut it up. If I total my rig, I fully expect to pay more for insurance the next go around. If the company takes my money, I expect to be covered. Period. If owning a particular vehicle is too costly for you, then perhaps you should consider options. Just saying. I don't own a C7 Corvette expressly because of what my insurance company said it would cost. Do I cry about the other guys wrecking theirs causing rates to go up? Nope. I settled on an SS Camaro and am happy to have it.
What about the guys frauding the insurance companies making mine and your rates go up? Are you ok with that?

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
I carry full coverage on my rzr $100,000 $300,000, mainly so I don’t get sued, if I have an collusion or my son taking his friends out riding hate to say this, get injured or killed, I bet a lot of people under the influence out on the trail and dirt roads. I and my son almost got ran off the road or head on collision on a wagon Trail Road by a sheriff deputy driving recklessly going around a blindspot turn in his patrol car.Plus I have a dash cam on my windshield recording the whole ride. I have Geico
on 2015 Rzr 900xc.

201 - 217 of 217 Posts