Votes: 253 39.7%
  • No, its too expensive to roll over

Votes: 147 23.0%
1 - 20 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how many of you have rolled your RZR and if any damage occured? How much did that roll cost you?

·
Balls Out sXs's
1,460 Posts
I roll mine all the time. Not purposely tho. It moved my cage around every time. So, I built a better cage. Didn't hurt anything else.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
My brother rolled mine. Had 7.1 miles on it and I was a tad upset. Nothing really happened to it but some scuff marks. Since I've put a custom cage on it. And NOBODY drives it but me and my wife...... Period

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
99% of the time I'll bet it's people trying to do doughnuts or powerslides on the wrong kind of surface.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Maybe this poll should have been "who HAS NOT rolled your RZR" lol

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
I'm predicting that side x sides in general and RZRs in particular will become a sore subject with insurance companies.

When insurance guys go to their seminars guess what will be on the overhead projector.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mines been rolled five maybe six times, one of the times it was totaled and I bought it back from the insurance. Sad thing is I've only rolled it one of the times. Ya maybe I'm a little too trustworthy.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Just look at my pic. That was the first time and it was the stock spring sagging on left front. Did one more time at Glamis. Just cosmetic damage. I have added a after market roll cage.

·
Premium Member
4,381 Posts
I haven't but my son tipped it on its side in deep sand. The only damage was a slightly tweaked pro-armor door that will be fixed easily this month when it all comes apart for powdercoating. You really have to look hard to see the damage. The fun part was when his 3 year old son, my oldest grandson walks up before my son could think to tell me about it and said "daddy flipped the rzr" The look on his face was priceless.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
I'm predicting that side x sides in general and RZRs in particular will become a sore subject with insurance companies.

When insurance guys go to their seminars guess what will be on the overhead projector.
It's a way for Insurance companies to make more money, they will help you insure ANYTHING.

·
Premium Member
7,973 Posts
I haven't rolled mine yet, it could happen but I have no intentions to.
As you said......Yet. Its not a question of if but when. I dont think anyone intends to. I always thought theres no way I'll ever do that but make one mistake, choose one wrong line etc etc and over you go. I only crushed my left front flare and broke off my gopro mount and a few scratches. Harnesses kept me in place and no damage to me. Thats the important part. Havent flipped the new xp ....................Yet. Theres an old biker saying that there are only two types of riders ,those that have gone down and those that will.
Be prepared, install harnesses and wear them every time you ride regardless of speed or length of trip. When you can afford it look into upgrading your cage. Suspension seats not only are more comfortable and look better they keep you in place in the event you turn /roll over and help absorb the impact instead of your lower back . Everybody knows you should wear a helmet but me included doesnt all the time. we're working on that trying to wear it more often. Be safe ,have fun and ride the wheels off.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I haven't rolled mine yet, came close trying to do a power slide, caught a rock buried in the ground, but some how I was able to save it!

I am not looking forward to it, let me tell ya....really afraid if I do it when I'm alone, how hard are these to flip back on the wheels?

·
Premium Member
7,973 Posts
I haven't rolled mine yet, came close trying to do a power slide, caught a rock buried in the ground, but some how I was able to save it!

I am not looking forward to it, let me tell ya....really afraid if I do it when I'm alone, how hard are these to flip back on the wheels?

I was alone when I went over, Luckily there were plenty of trees to tie the winch to and upright it. Othere wise it will take a couple of people if your of flat ground.

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
we need a thread within a thread describing the oh shoot moment in that nano second as you go over and all the stuff you are thinking of.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I have rolled mine 2x...one was i didnt know trail...had my buddy riding with me...yells stop sign...instinct is to slam brakes on...bad idea on a gravel road...flopped on side..racked the roll cage...but insurance paid for everything....second time...swerved to miss a deer...going full speed....see attached pic

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I was in my Ranger, 3 of us strapped in a bench seat.... Working my way up Patton Hill in the dunes the back way. Went kinda like this------ Side-roof-side- then back on its wheels, never missed a beat and just kept on going.... I have not rolled the XP.......yet.

1 - 20 of 217 Posts