Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I Found a Polaris rzr 2008 at a police/bank auction I'm guessing someone did not pay and got repossessed. I checked it out looks like it's been i'n the sun for a wile since some parts of the plastic are beginning to fade. They did not have the keys at the time so I could not turn it on or test. Had a few scratches and hits nothing too major.
I left a deposit for them to hold onto it for me,
how much would you guys pay for it? what price will make you jump on it knowing the circumstance
What can I do to test it out make sure it's working I will try to pull out the intake to make sure it had a good fit, engine too but more worried anoth the chassies

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I'd pop the intake open and pull the filter out and get a good look inside for starters.. Would be nice to get the keys to look at the hours/miles on it and to start it up. Its still a gamble but for the right price could be worth it for parts alone to piece out.

·
Registered
633 Posts
These auctions are one big gamble... I have alot of friends who buy from these types of auctions and sometimes they win and every now and again they loose. I had one friend who recently purchased a civic and when he got home turned out it had about $4,000 worth of stereo equipment in the trunk that nobody bothered to notice. He paid $800 for the car. LOL.

I would pay $5,000 for the rzr as is. You don't know anything about it and they don't either probably. They usually don't even know what stuff like this is worth so they will probably go with $5,000.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Those are seizures form drug busts 99% of the time.

How do ya put a deposit on an auction item?

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
:confused: Confused. How do you leave a deposit to hold something for you at an auction?
I don't get that either....

Grab the VIN and go to the local Polaris dealership and get a Key for it. If you have to buy a new ignition/key combo then spend the money. It's worth the investment/risk to get some particulars on it.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I'd pop the intake open and pull the filter out and get a good look inside for starters.. Would be nice to get the keys to look at the hours/miles on it and to start it up. Its still a gamble but for the right price could be worth it for parts alone to piece out.
I agree, and also look over the frame and suspension looking for cracked paint and beat up parts. It could be a sweet deal.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I have an 08 in like new condition less than 50 hours with about $1800 in upgrades bumpers roof sand tires and wheels harnesses stock motor and suspension this thing is like new. I wanted to look into trading it in on a RZRS and the POPO dealership offered me $5500-$6000 in trade I tell you this to get an idea of wholesale value which is what you should pay at an auction. The unit you describe is not in anywhere near the condition my unit is in so I would say $4000 or less especially not knowing if it even runs.

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
It could be that they seized the motor after it was out of warranty and they couldn't afford to fix it so they quit paying for it....

I would go around 2k without knowing anything about it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
is an auction but they cant so the price is 5k they are trying to get rid of it..i put it a deposit on it.. going today they should have the keys.

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
:confused: Confused. How do you leave a deposit to hold something for you at an auction?
I don't get that either....

Grab the VIN and go to the local Polaris dealership and get a Key for it. If you have to buy a new ignition/key combo then spend the money. It's worth the investment/risk to get some particulars on it.
Heck, I'd just pop out my ignition (what 2 min, 1 plug and unscrew the bezel ring.) then take it down and plug it in and see how she runs..

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
went it was pretty fishy they told me its owned by a guy in texas (im in California), and would send me the pinkslip! i was like wtf! o and no keys either, they wanted 5k plus taxes, i left it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts