Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone try to fit one of these bad boys in the back of a ford ranger reg cab??
I measured it out and it looks like I may be short by an inch or 2 given that the tailgate will hold the weight.

After getting my first warning from DNR today I count myself lucky since the fines start at 489 or something like that.:rm_thumbdown:

·
Registered
189 Posts
What was the warning for.
I don't think it would fit on a ranger, I have 8 ft aluminum trailer and it just fits on that and haul it with my Ranger.
Wayne

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The warning I got from dnr was for driving on the road.
Mind you I live about 25min outside sydney it was my fault driving during daylight.lol.Should have waited till dark.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have a Ford 3/4 ton with an 8 foot bed and I had to build a rack across the front of the box so I can run the front wheels onto it. even with the rzr at an angle i can't quite get the tailgate totally closed. I haul a 29 foot travel trailer and need to get the tailgate up out of the way. the 570 weighs 970 pounds so might be a little heavy for your truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Mine fits just fine ,I have a 2011 silverado 3/4 ton 6.5 ft bed . I just back it up my trailer onto the ramps rearward , then my commander goes on the trailer.

Attachments

·
Registered
396 Posts
Mine goes into a superduty shortbed with the tailgate down. Then I just put a strap to hold it in way better than towing a trailer around

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mine goes into a superduty shortbed with the tailgate down. Then I just put a strap to hold it in way better than towing a trailer around
I cant imagine that is any easier or better than me driving it onto my 10'x6' tilt trailer, strapping at each corner, and taking off. Takes 5 minutes to load and no ramps needed. Dont have to worry about low clearance hazards either. I can also load my bed with gear instead of 1000 lbs of rzr. Plus, if you are driving your rzr in forward into the bed, and the rear tires are on the tailgate, thats about 600 lbs on your tailgate. Not a fan of that for my truck.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I haul min in a 1/2 ton short bed chevy with the tailgate down. I bought some ramps so that it sets about 10" up so I can put stuff under it. Works fine. Yes its legal at least for this truck, may not be for all 1/2 tons.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey thanks for the info folks,
The bike will fit just onto the ranger with just enough room on the tailgate.

I got a trailer 8.5by10 to get the job done, now I just go to get a ramp made up for the rear I just don t trust those folding ramps from crappy tire.:scared2:

Thanks for everyones help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts