Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I.m guessing I'm going to catch a bunch of crap for this but has anyone ever hauled their RZR, or seen anyone hauling a RZR on the front desk of a RT11 or similar pop up camper? This is one of the off-road units like the Fleetwood Evolution series with the deck that is made for hauling ATVs, heavy frame, 15" off road tires, etc.

The manual says that the deck should not be loaded to make the tongue weight exceed 700#. I called the factory but they were not very helpful. Just trying to cover their butts. They couldn't tell me how much of the weight on the deck would transfer to the tongue and how much would transfer to the trailer axle. Just looking at it, it looks like about half would go to the axle and half to the tongue.

The frame from the axle forward is 4 X 6 tubing doubled, one tube on top of the other. It's built like a brick poophouse.

Any ideas would be appreciated. I would really like to take the RZR camping.

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
I don't think the weight is the issue if you have a 3/4 ton truck. Most half tons are rated for about 765# max on the hitch. I think the real issue is that the RZR is 102" long, and I'll bet the deck is only 96" long. Prolly could add some planks or weld some aluminium extensions on, but many states have an 8 foot eide max on the trailer. You're right about the look of the strength og that chassis!

·
Registered
59 Posts
my toy hauler is 102" wide, and I built a rack to haul two four wheelers in the bed of my pickup and it is 102" wide. Allot of states do have 8 ft restrictions but from what I have experienced nobody enforces it.

Seeing two four wheelers side by side above the cab of my pickup must be intimidating to oncoming traffic because everybody gets over on the shoulder.:scared2::scared2::scared2:

by the way whats your tow vehicle?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts