Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,

Am planning a trip to Ashland A.T.V. @ the end of the month!! Can't wait. This will be our first time down and will just be the wife and I. I consider myself an outdoorsman. I am seeking any advise on a few things, I feel I have covered the basic's so I am not asking do I need a flash light. I mean we will be riding in the day so why would I need that? Lol!! but the must have never go with out stuff, also the don't miss stuff. As always I have found most of the info here to be invalueable!!

Thank You,
John
Cart 76

·
Registered
484 Posts
tire plugs, air compressor, spare belt, money for food and gas when you ride into town, helmet, and most important, TP

Personal advice, stay on the blue and tougher trails because the greens are pretty much gravel roads and dirt roads that take no skill, and unless it has rained that day will be dusty.

·
Premium Member
3,910 Posts
Rockhouse trails are awesome ! I've ridden them 100 or more times. I think youll have more than enough trails where you are going though. Not only do you have Pocahontas , Indian Ridge & Pinnacle creek but you have the outlaw trails & wagon wheel nearby. I ride these three a couple times a week now and have been riding the wagon wheel area more and more. If you have any questions about the trails here shoot me an email. Take care & ride safe !

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hey everybody,

Am planning a trip to Ashland A.T.V. @ the end of the month!! Can't wait. This will be our first time down and will just be the wife and I. I consider myself an outdoorsman. I am seeking any advise on a few things, I feel I have covered the basic's so I am not asking do I need a flash light. I mean we will be riding in the day so why would I need that? Lol!! but the must have never go with out stuff, also the don't miss stuff. As always I have found most of the info here to be invalueable!!

Thank You,
John
Cart 76
Rain suit. Last time we went it rained every day. Not so bad in the summer, but in Oct. you don't want to ride wet.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Definitely TP. No facilities for miles and miles on the trails. A hand axe is always handy or a sturdy machete. The trees fall and sometimes you can't get around them. We really like trail 80, so don't pass it by. My 15 year old daughter rode it with us on her yfz two years ago so it is not too bad, just a good trail and good sights. The indian ridge system is my favorite.
I just ordered Wolfsnouts for all of my family and friends (early Christmas) because the dust has been really bad this year. We have been having showers for almost two weeks and calling for rain all weekend so the dust shouldn't be bad for a while. I guess all I had to do was order the dust masks for the rain to come!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got 4 set's Rob thanks. Will Highlite trail #80 for sure, hope to still have some leaf's when we get there. Not real sure but I think we will pack a little T.P.!! Thanks guy's

1 - 8 of 8 Posts