Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like we are headed up to H&M for trailfest. Can Am is having a Demo tour during this time hoping to get to drive the Maverick during this time. Chime in if you are headed up.....:popcorn::popcorn:

·
Registered
142 Posts
I hope you already booked accommodations. The town of Gilbert will be packed and most places to stay are booked way in advance. I don't recall any of the manufacturers doing test drives on the trails. With all this mind, I typically avoid that weekend.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope you already booked accommodations. The town of Gilbert will be packed and most places to stay are booked way in advance. I don't recall any of the manufacturers doing test drives on the trails. With all this mind, I typically avoid that weekend.
Thanks for the info... We are looking at driving straight in and checking out the maverick if it is there then leaving.Hadn't thought much about the hotels.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Me and the wife are going..we have a RV spot reserved near the center complex.if anyone is there hit me up and we can ride..it's just me and her with a RZR..and plenty of beer for after the sun goes down..lol

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Honestly I don't really know..this is my second tym to Gilbert and all I know is the H/T trails..but I know there's lots of stuff going on this weekend..but lots of people..what dates will you be staying?

·
RZR Junky.....
2,718 Posts
Headed up that way Thursday, my buddy owns the Can Am dealership here in Asheville and we are taking a couple of commanders and ATV's up there to ride and show. So if you run into a guy wearing a Can Am shirt that doesn't look happy lol its probably me!!!

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Headed up that way Thursday, my buddy owns the Can Am dealership here in Asheville and we are taking a couple of commanders and ATV's up there to ride and show. So if you run into a guy wearing a Can Am shirt that doesn't look happy lol its probably me!!!
YB are they gonna have any mavericks up there?

·
Registered
19 Posts
il be staying in chapmansville its my first time any advice were to ride
Since you will be staying in Chapmanville that puts you in great position to try out either the Bearwallow or Little Coal trail systems. I mostly ride the Bearwallow trail system and really enjoy trail 28. The trail system has a good mix of all types of trails, and 28 happens to have quite a bit of mud. From Chapmanville you'll be about 20 minutes from the Bearwallow trail head.

The Little Coal river trail system is good if you're looking for an easy going afternoon. I can't speak to many of the trails as I've only been on that system once. I did enjoy the ride though. Enjoy your trip!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Well I guess if I had to ride a canned ham I wouldn't be happy either...haha..joke:rofl3::rofl3:

·
RZR Junky.....
2,718 Posts
YB are they gonna have any mavericks up there?
According to him there are going to be a few, he rode a few at the Dealer meeting said that they were a little faster than his xp9 but he didn't think they handled as well. When we get them in Asheville you are more than welcome to come ride them around. Can Am said the first dealers to get them would be in feb.

·
RZR Junky.....
2,718 Posts
Well I guess if I had to ride a canned ham I wouldn't be happy either...haha..joke:rofl3::rofl3:
It keeps wear and tear off mine!!! Thats how I'm looking at it anyways.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Haha..that's good way to look at it..but those mavericks do look bad arse though..Would love to get my hands on one..

·
Wish i wasn't at work
1,306 Posts
Me and the wife are going..we have a RV spot reserved near the center complex.if anyone is there hit me up and we can ride..it's just me and her with a RZR..and plenty of beer for after the sun goes down..lol

Im a local, and me and the wife will have the 900 up there on friday evening, but cant stay super late have to work on saturday, will def look you guys up and at least introduce ourselves, always nice to meet new people and have an enjoyable time ya know!!

·
RZR Junky.....
2,718 Posts
Pm me you guys info that are going. Maybe we can meet up and ride.

·
Registered
388 Posts
My hubby and I are headed there tomorrow morning. Staying at Twin Hollow Campground.

·
Wish i wasn't at work
1,306 Posts
My hubby and I are headed there tomorrow morning. Staying at Twin Hollow Campground.
Thats a nice campground. Its away from all the traffic and a direct link to the trailhead. Nice and secluded back on the mountain. I work the gilbert area, so i might see you out and about.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts