Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to upgrade. I have a sunset red 2011 800s LE. I think im going with the pro armor red harness but unsure on windshield and roof. Because I just bought a truck, trailer, and toy the wife has put me on financial probation for 1 year so cost is a factor! I like how the half windshield looks but wonder how much good half a windshield would be. Also looking at the fabric tops due to cost but not sure about removing it every time its hauled on the trailer. :beer8:

·
Registered
91 Posts
:rzrs:
Looking to upgrade. I have a sunset red 2011 800s LE. I think im going with the pro armor red harness but unsure on windshield and roof. Because I just bought a truck, trailer, and toy the wife has put me on financial probation for 1 year so cost is a factor! I like how the half windshield looks but wonder how much good half a windshield would be. Also looking at the fabric tops due to cost but not sure about removing it every time its hauled on the trailer. :beer8:
hahaha i know about the Financial probation Dude lol when i took my Rzr S in to the dealer for some service work on Friday after my Vasectomy...i know my wife said your crazy!lol... anyways, just my .02 , i would not go with a canvas roof, i talked to 3 dealers and they don't carry them and will only order them if you want one, Because they say that it will tear or rip when you are riding and it catch's on a branch or what not. on the half windshield , i dont have one but at the top of the half windsheild there is a lip that directs the Air over the riders, all the people i talk to including dealers are saying if you buy a windshield wheather it be a half or full to buy the rear as well because it prevents the dust from swirling right around in the cab. other than that i dont't really know what the purpose of a half windshield would be.

P.S. i just bought the full windsheild and rear panel friday, they still have my machine so have not had a chance to put them on yet. cost me $541.68 for 2 pieces of plastic!!! ....believe me i had a hard time handing over the franklins for them , i hope that they are worth every penny.:rzrs:

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
Pro armor makes a nice fabric roof that is easily removable when you transport your rig. Best part is it won't break the bank. Feel free to give us a ring and well work you a package deal on a roof and harnesses.

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
I would go with a hard roof. The soft roofs have an annoying tendency to flap in the wind and make a lot of racket. Plus, if you ever put a stereo or overhead accessory, a hard roof is almost a must. The PA harnesses ROCK, I have 5 points and they are head and shoulders above the Crows I had. If you put a windshield on, leave a gap at the bottom, otherwise you'll end up with a cab full of dust sucked in by the low pressure behind the windshield.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts