Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, so I just installed PRP 5.3x2 harnesses in my 2019 rzr turbo. My question is, what is everyone doing with the extra belt length? I am a 32 waist so not real large and understand universal fit, but I must have about 2 feet extra on each side and a foot extra on each shoulder strap. I asked PRP and they were very vague and said they never had anyone ask about the extra straps. I asked them thinking it was a common issue with a a common procedure for cutting them to size. I was thinking about cutting them and burning the ends. Does anyone see any issue with that? PRP would not give me any advice. I do have some PRP seats coming as well and they will probably soak up a couple more inches. Does anyone offer a harness in different sizes? Maybe I should just return these vs modifying them.

Thanks for the help.

·
Vendor
1,545 Posts
Personally, I’d never cut them. The ends are double thickness and sewn together. You can cut the shoulder straps, but the lap belt is different.

They are made that way so they don’t pull apart unexpectedly.

I’d just pull them tight and leave them alone.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Personally, I’d never cut them. The ends are double thickness and sewn together. You can cut the shoulder straps, but the lap belt is different.

They are made that way so they don’t pull apart unexpectedly.

I’d just pull them tight and leave them alone.
Thanks, I believe I bought my seat from you. Looking forward to receiving them.

·
Vendor
953 Posts
Re: XP1K Seat Reccomendations - Help!

Hi, so I just installed PRP 5.3x2 harnesses in my 2019 rzr turbo. My question is, what is everyone doing with the extra belt length? I am a 32 waist so not real large and understand universal fit, but I must have about 2 feet extra on each side and a foot extra on each shoulder strap. I asked PRP and they were very vague and said they never had anyone ask about the extra straps. I asked them thinking it was a common issue with a a common procedure for cutting them to size. I was thinking about cutting them and burning the ends. Does anyone see any issue with that? PRP would not give me any advice. I do have some PRP seats coming as well and they will probably soak up a couple more inches. Does anyone offer a harness in different sizes? Maybe I should just return these vs modifying them.

Thanks for the help.
Cutting them shouldn't be an issue as long as you burn the ends to prevent unraveling. We've seen a lot of people roll them up and zip tie them as well. I'm sorry the customer service was vague. I'm sure they're just trying to be cautious.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts