Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a hard top to get rid of the slappy, flappy soft Bimini...

The ones I have been mulling over are:
Polaris
Maier
Moose
Kolpin

Any to stay away from or one better than others... Any other too look at not on the list?...

I 'think' I like the style the v's in slightly on the sides... I do a lot of woods riding and think it 'might' last a few minutes longer :)

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
I've got the Cooter Brown one from Extreme Metal Products and has been a good top. The sides come out to the edge which helps keep rain off and I have hit a few things with it and it has done fine.
If your running a windshield it has some small gutters on the side that push the water forward. Tough on half windshields thou.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I have the Polaris Sport with the V's you are talking about. I like it a lot. The cutout works well for me with low tree overhead. You can just stick your head over and see if you are going to clear. The con, rain will run off it onto your lap but who cares. Another nice option would be the Cooter Brown roof. It has a LED dome light.

·
Registered
160 Posts
EMP roof, is a great choice. I just spend 8hrs today, banging mine of trees at Mines And Meadows, in PA. Held up like a champ.

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
got a suggestion, only if you get the pure polaris like in my pictures:

had to glue the protective molding they provide. just a few branches in the woods at Badlands was pulling it off. used a good adhesive and let it dry well.
took extra care on the leading edge of the U-shaped molding smoothing it so as not to catch there.

no biggie, i like huffing anyway........

·
sharp rzr
139 Posts
i have had no issues with the polaris roof. have my stereo/speaker box and dome light mounted to it, have bounced off trees a few times and it jus slides against or bends away but no cracks or crease's yet.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
I'm very satisfied with the Polaris roof...it's proved itself to be tough as nails. It would be nice if there was a leading edge gutter though....but I'm working on a solution for that.
So what's the deal with the Polaris roof....It leaks water into the cab from the front, as it pour down the slope AND your shoulders are exposed to rain due to the side cut outs? That doesn't sound very dry. I like the factory Polaris stuff, but don't want to get wet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow, thanks for the replies... One thing I am learning from all of this right now is; It appears there is NO really bad choice...

Keep em coming...

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
The Cooter top is very thick & strong, doesn't have any edge molding to get stripped off by trees. I thought I might hit my head getting in & out but so far never have.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
As far as I'm concerned, if your riding in the rain, your getting wet regardless of what roof you have.
:rofl3:Or the guy with the mud machine that told me "I get wet when it rains with this Polaris roof." He got out of his RZR and was wet from a mud hole all the way to his chest. I just replyed "Oh really, you wouldn't want to get wet from that dirty rainwater" :rofl3:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts