Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy RRP!

After a couple rides in the mtns w/my son (not old enough to realize the benefit of the headset) and large groups (but on hot days), I've come to the realization a handheld mic would be VERY handy. I did say I didn't want/need the HH-mic when I ordered this kit from you awesome guys...now I want it.

My problem, I don't see any available such product that has the same connector required for sale individually on your site, but I do see it attached to the radio pic on the car-to-car kits.

Q#1) Do you sell these mics specifically for the VX2200/VX200?

Q#2) Is the speaker in the HH-Mic loud enough to be heard over the engine when puttin' up a hill at slow speeds, or should I just get the 20-watt speaker too...???

THX, Tom

PS. You guys are an AWESOME vendor!

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Hey Tom,

We have handhelds hear at the shop for the Vertex VX2200's that we can sell you. They are not up on the website so you will have to call.

The hand mic doesn't actually have a speaker in it for the VX2200. The speaker is located on the front of the radio. However, when you have the jumper plugged in (cord that plugs the radio into the intercom) it does not play sound through that speaker.

Your only option is to get a y-splitter and a external speaker that we sell. So you will have a splitter coming off the radio, from there you have both the speaker and the jumper plugging into it. One thing we can do if you ask is put a speaker on/off button on the speaker so when you don't want the speaker on you can tap the button on turn it off. The links below will take you to the splitter and speaker.

External Speaker for Mobile Radios [EX-SPEAKER] - $20.00 : Rugged Radios: Headsets, Intercoms, 2-Way Racing Radios and Communication for Motorcycles, Offroad, Circle Track, Drag Racing, NASCAR, Police, and more...

3.5mm Mono Video Camera Audio Y-Splitter [Y-SPLITTER-VID] - $20.00 : Rugged Radios: Headsets, Intercoms, 2-Way Racing Radios and Communication for Motorcycles, Offroad, Circle Track, Drag Racing, NASCAR, Police, and more...

Give me a call and I can get you setup with everything.

Thanks,
Jason

1 - 2 of 2 Posts