Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
:doh: OK! I didn't realize the part that's flat on the floor was part of the upright piece !
Pic No. 20160614

·
Registered
466 Posts
I also fabbed up this fiberglass thing to hold my right leg. It works well for me. I dont have anything holding my left leg. But I have prp door bags and my knee rests up against there ok.

Heres another shot of the steering quickner mount I made.

With this setup I am on an even playing field with everyone else.
Got a couple question.
Was looking at the pics and noticed the black thing on the floor. Does that block
the pedals from your feet ? If so, what is it made of? Is it fiberglass too? I've been trying to think of something to use.
I ran a couple of eyebolts through the frame the seats mount to, and use a padded horse cinch to keep my legs from flying around, going under the pedals, and will keep them in place if I end up on my roof, too. I just clip it in and so it is easy to remove when I let other people drive.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I also fabbed up this fiberglass thing to hold my right leg. It works well for me. I dont have anything holding my left leg. But I have prp door bags and my knee rests up against there ok.

Heres another shot of the steering quickner mount I made.

With this setup I am on an even playing field with everyone else.
That turned out clean! I bought a Colman quickener kit off eBay for around $180, and made my mount from a piece of 3" tubing. Thekit comes with the weld on couplers.

Attachments

·
Registered
530 Posts
hi wheelin-roy,

My problem is the braking power, my right arm is very weak, and I think the linkage between my hand control and the pedal isn't optimal…
These machines have very good engine braking so there is no need to brake at every turn or slight downhill. Only time I ever use the brake is for stopping for a break or sometimes gently on steep downhills.

·
Registered
466 Posts
hi wheelin-roy,

My problem is the braking power, my right arm is very weak, and I think the linkage between my hand control and the pedal isn't optimal…
These machines have very good engine braking so there is no need to brake at every turn or slight downhill. Only time I ever use the brake is for stopping for a break or sometimes gently on steep downhills.
Just a heads up, I've noticed in this part of the forums, you should look at the dates of the posts. You just responded to something more than a year old.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am looking into getting a Polaris Ranger XP or Can Am defender. (I know this isnt a can am forum but it is the only forum I can find for disabled users)

I have a disability which only affects my legs. I have Suregrip hand controls on both of my vehicles and I really like them but not sure how they would work on a side by side.

Does anyone find their left arm gets tired when driving all day from using the hand controls? Would I need an arm rest ? What hand controls are recommended?

Anyone else using hand controls on a ranger Xp?
I'm not sure of the brand but my hand controls work by pushing down for the gas and towards the dash for the brake. I've never gotten tired.

Sorry I was searching specific posts and didn't realize how old this was.
Polaris Ramp.JPG

21 - 26 of 26 Posts