Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Light Line Font Technology Screenshot

Colorfulness Font Line Slope Rectangle

Organism Font Line Rectangle Parallel

You know you're staring to ring some power out of your motor when you have to turn your airbox into Swiss cheese to keep the j-pipe from collapsing. On a hard pull I'd get about 2 seconds of hard acceleration then it would cut back to about half power. Put the data logger on and made a recording. It would get to about 21psi then suddenly drop to 10. Pulse width, throttle position weren't chopping back. Disconnected the hose from the boost controller to the waste gate. Didn't help. Put my camera on the firewall and calmed the wastegsye arm on the turbo. Sure enough, it would Crack about 1/2" then close backup right when the boost drop happened. Double checked my Crack pressure. Was still 9psi.

· Premium Member
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Cranked up the crackpressure to 11psi just to see what happened. Very small change. I was about to go back to the shop and I reached back and took the airbox cover off. Made a hard pass and everything was good. Finally some progress. Deleted the pre-filter tube and made another pass. No help. Pulled the air filter, put the cover back on made a pass. Same problem. Drilled some 1 1/2" holes in my box and problem solved. Guess the stroker kit put the cfm requirement over the top for the box flow.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Engineering Gas Machine

Hood Automotive tire Blue Motor vehicle Bumper

· Registered
2021 Pro XP
79 Posts
I’ve heard from a lot of people to only run the stock filter because aftermarket ones will collapse the j tube. Did you ever test it with the box closed and and filter off?

· Registered
2021 Pro XP
79 Posts
I’ve heard from a lot of people to only run the stock filter because aftermarket ones will collapse the j tube
I’m making a little over 300 to the crank with a 44mm turbo and the stock filter hasn’t given me any problems. The fuel pump has been most my problems

· Registered
817 Posts
this really peaks my interest, but not just from an air flow stand point. How bad is it to build up the motor in these? Killavolt, did you build your motor or just gambling with the bigger turbo? I saw AA's turbo kit almost demands you build the motor, so i was curious what people we're seeing for a boost/hp limit on these factory bottom ends.

· Registered
2021 Pro XP
79 Posts
this really peaks my interest, but not just from an air flow stand point. How bad is it to build up the motor in these? Killavolt, did you build your motor or just gambling with the bigger turbo? I saw AA's turbo kit almost demands you build the motor, so i was curious what people we're seeing for a boost/hp limit on these factory bottom ends.
I have crower cams, billet crank, and arp head studs. I think 200 to the wheels is a reliable, fun, and the sweet spot for these machines on stock internals. I ran mine on AA Stage 4 forever with just a catch can before I stepped up and loved it. I wouldn’t run the big turbo on stock internals. It was a birds of a feather kind of thing as to why I even built it in the first place. i ride with a lot of high hp srrs and ultra 4 guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts