Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
I am a welder in the industrial business and like dog runner said nobody cares if I catch it that goes for me also. Why are some places closing and others not of everybody needs to be in there houses than why ain't they?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Simple minded person........

The shelter in place is so the population who has no symptoms/doesn't know they have it doesn't pass it on the potential people whose body has underlyings conditions and can't fight it AND so the medical system doesn't get over run and can't handle all the sick ones.......
We all understand the intent. Some aren’t convinced that it will work. Do as you want I will continue to do as I will.

There is no need for childish name calling. Maybe this discussion is too much for you. Maybe take a break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
3,370 Posts
I'm not gonna go back and edit every post in here.... but keep the language in check... and I'm going to leave this post open for it's initial purpose about the H&M trails.... but any further bickering will be deleted since it's entirely off topic at this point.

Go be friends and hash it out on Facebook if you like, but not here.

·
Registered
55 Posts
We had a trip planned over Easter. Staying at Wild Willys. I know dog runner and he knows the crew we ride with. We stop eat and get gas. I don’t want to spread this around up there. Hate missing the trip but look at the big picture guys. In 2 weeks it’s either going to be fading or blown up so big we will wish they had shut down the country sooner. Lighten up guys and stay safe.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Everyone is freaking out, but there not really paying attention to the whole picture, they are seeing shut down and stay at home but they don’t read further into it.
steps for me before I go on a ride are as follows!
Step one go to grocery store get some food and beverages for ride (once a week)
Step two go to gas station for gas and ice(buy some extra gas cans to keep from going to the station everyday)
Step three check machine over before ride
Step four and here’s the biggest part! RIDE YOUR LOCAL TRAILS IN THE HILLS!
All of this stuff is still allowed under state shut down or stay at home order! Now you just have to take extra precautions such as social distancing at stores and on trails with your friends and keep your rides under 10 people! Be safe and happy riding

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Wife and I plan on hitting Sanderson this weekend. But we will have bought snacks during our regular trip to the store, I have 20+ gallons of non-ethanol gas here at the house so no need to stop to fill the machine, we will interact with no one from the time we leave the house until the time we get home.

Couldn't fathom this not being allowed if you are allowed to go hiking.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just a heads up on going camping or trail riding. I had the same idea last weekend. Thought I'd get away with my family and be isolated in the woods. However, when we got there. A lot of other people had the same idea. Everyone was respectful and we kept our distances. Tried to stay several feet away from one another. You can still be social without being right in someone's face. I'm conflicted about the whole thing. I don't want it and I don't want anyone to get it but the reality of it is we still have to eat and that means we need money. Like I said I'm conflicted and see great arguments on both sides. I have no problem keeping my distance from people the best I can but I'm not going to let my family or me starve either. I also think the fresh air could help a lot of people out if you have the means to get outside in the woods.

I also have problems with the PC handling of this. Social distancing vs isolation? COVID-19 vs Wuhan Virus?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Hey may see you out in Sanderson haha we go riding there all the time! That’s right in my back yard
I wish it would quit raining. Tired of riding 8-mile and wanting to get back in the creeks. My skid plate needs a good cleaning. But they have just been too high the last couple of times out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
my Skids are off as we speak I took them off today gave them a good washing and washed everything underneath up real good, we may have a couple of people with us riding Saturday as it’s supposed to be 82, but it’s all good people and fun, and we do practice our distancing. I wish Blackhawk mining wouldn’t have shut all of us down for two weeks, I’m gonna have this thing tore down haha

·
Registered
34 Posts
But good news is it’s not spose to rain for the next three days and spose to be pretty warm so hopefully the creeks will be down

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I wish it would quit raining. Tired of riding 8-mile and wanting to get back in the creeks. My skid plate needs a good cleaning. But they have just been too high the last couple of times out.
Do you park out Quick Rd. ? I went there for the first time about a month ago and loved it. It's about a 3 hr drive for me.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Do you park out Quick Rd. ? I went there for the first time about a month ago and loved it. It's about a 3 hr drive for me.
Most times, but also park at Kelley's Creek. Just depends on where we are headed.

Two weeks ago a buddy almost lost his Turbo S in the creek right behind the parking area. Belt box filled up with water and he was stuck. Managed to inch close enough for someone to get him a line. Figured if he couldn't get across in his machine, no way was I going to make it.

Creeks aren't falling as quickly as they did after the June 2016 floods. That flood seemed to clear out all the debris and the creeks drained quickly.

Do you have maps of the area? If not, BobT has tracks of most of the trails out there.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Most times, but also park at Kelley's Creek. Just depends on where we are headed.

Two weeks ago a buddy almost lost his Turbo S in the creek right behind the parking area. Belt box filled up with water and he was stuck. Managed to inch close enough for someone to get him a line. Figured if he couldn't get across in his machine, no way was I going to make it.

Creeks aren't falling as quickly as they did after the June 2016 floods. That flood seemed to clear out all the debris and the creeks drained quickly.

Do you have maps of the area? If not, BobT has tracks of most of the trails out there.
Yes I used Bob T's maps. I didn't cover alot that day,about 40 miles. There was about 1/2" of snow on the ground and it was pretty cold.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Yes I used Bob T's maps. I didn't cover alot that day,about 40 miles. There was about 1/2" of snow on the ground and it was pretty cold.
There is just so much out there it is hard to know it all. Been riding out there for years and I still find trails that I didn't know existed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You can also drop at ten mile up campbells creek, and shoot straight up the mountain from there, we find new trails up there everyday we are out!

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
I had a 3 day trip to Hatfield starting tomorrow I already payed for. Luckily they refunded my money for the cabin but it still sucks. Hopefully this media frenzy blows over soon so we can get back to normal.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts