Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
Vendor
1,611 Posts
Well I'm not hiding in my house nor will I stop doing my normal activities. If I get it I get it. Staying home and not doing anything is not going to stop this or scare it away.
You're probably right because too many have a similar attitude as you do.
At some point, perhaps you'll change your mind. Hopefully before you catch it and infect all those around you, especially those that might not be as healthy.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Lets all run scared and hide. What kind if wimps has society become? Staying home is accomplishing nothing, except slowing our economy. Being politically correct is more important than common sense, what a shame.
Sir, you're not too bright. Healthcare on both coasts are overwhelmed. Protective gear for docs and nurses are nearly depleted. And if they go down we're screwed. The need for ventilators has already outstripped supply, and to date we're following Italy's footsteps as far ability to delivery of mass healthcare. They are at what, 7% fatality?

Meanwhile, the US, as a direct result of irresponsible people, will bypass China's peak infection rate in just about one more weak. Why? Because they locked down and stopped it. And you'll note our country is now trying to do the same thing. A bit late, but state by state, we're doing what needs to be done.

Economy? Again take note of China. They're already working on getting back to work and recovering. Because while they were slow to act, when it hit the fan they did what they needed to do. Or look at South Korea. We're going to bypass them any day now, and again they took very aggressive action.

Meanwhile responsible people around the nation are self quarantining.

I've already volunteered to help in our emergency rooms, and I've made the same offer to our local police. Why? Because I know who the men are, and I know what it means to surrender my personal wants to better society. I also know who the whining self-centered children are. Heck I even know which you fall into.

·
Registered
396 Posts
People it's just a cold virus.
Yea, you need to get an education. The common cold is a type of virus, even a type of coronavirus. There are of course many types of coronviruses. Some quite deadly. Like this one. But as all rectangles are not squares, all coronaviruses are not colds.

And this one is quite deadly. Think not? Even the best reacting nation to this point, South Korea, has a 600% fatality rate over the flu. Vs. the cold, who knows? Exponentially different. Meanwhile, Iran is digging mass graves, New York and Ca have hospital ships docking to lend aid. Chicago is pretty much screwed, and they're sending in the national guard because they have to enforce quarntine due to the mass amount of idiots not complying. Italy is approaching 7% fatality rate (ten times worse then S. Korea, 7000% worse then the flu.)

Yea, each nation is just over-reacting, and you're the one with the insight.

Now the US is likely to become the most infected nation on earth is just about one week. (Largely because of idiots). Think not? It's simple math and only a tiny bit of knowledge. Go look If you'd care to actually think before espousing (look it up) self centered opinions.

And you think it's just a cold. Dear god.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Impact as a coal miner that has worked many years in the field. Coal is a necessity and you are right the amount of people that is staying home wouldn’t fair well with out AEP supplying electricity. However I also have nurses and other professionals in my family. And I would have agreed with you last week that this has been blown way out of proportion. It really wasn’t until I seen what is happening in Italy that opened my eyes as to what this Covid can do to our healthcare system. And it’s here now spreading like wildfire. It has been here for longer than we realize and it is going to get worse. Now I’m no expert on this and I do not claim to be. However when people that are far more versed in medicine and more educated in the corse of this pandemic are telling me that, to help slow it down keep my hands washed, keep 6ft distance, stay home as much as possible, use bleach or Lysol to clean things that I’ll touch. So be it. You know it boils down to this. It may not kill me, to have this virus, but by me getting it, it may kill my mother, grandmother, or even some other unfortunate person that I come into contact with. I personally dont want that weighing on me. All’s that is really being asked is to keep distance away from other people. Yes I agree our economy is taking a Hugh hit. And small business is taking a massive hit. Nobody wants this. Especially our President but we are back in a corner. I fully understand we are fighting an enemy that we can’t see or hear, but we are in the fight wether you want to believe it or not. The economy will rebound things will return to normal the question is how long is it going to take. If we can all get on the same page it could be substantially shorter. Another thing that can help your community and your area is to try and give blood, try and help the elderly in your community. Go to the store for them. Ask them over the phone if they need anything. Help one another but keep our distance. Support you local stores by shopping there. If it’s packed come back later. Don’t group up in big crowds. If you start feeling bad STAY home don’t risk you neighbor. Again I see your point. But start reading up on it, as I have and your mind may change too.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Until the government tells banks and loan holders they cant collect for a month or 2 people are going to keep working to pay there Bill's.

And while they have had government backed mortgage payments suspend that does not help the rest of us that have a bank that pretends nothing is happening and we need to pay. If I stop maki g my truck payment will they repull it on me? This is the things that people worry about. Plus no money no food.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Italy's COVID-19 death rate — the number of known deaths divided by the total number of confirmed cases — is higher than anywhere else in the world, at about 8% as of Tuesday afternoon. Belgium, where 10 people had died out of 1,243 total cases, had a death rate of just 0.8%.
While this variation among countries may sound concerning, the rate largely depends on how many people get tested for COVID-19, the illness caused by the new coronavirus. In countries like South Korea, which had tested 295,647 people as of Wednesday, the death rate is lower than in, say, the US, which has tested about 70,000 people.

Many health experts have predicted that death rates overall will decrease as the number of cases rises and testing expands. The US's experience offers evidence of that: As of Tuesday, its death rate had dropped to 1.7% from 5.9% about two weeks ago; in the 12 days between calculations, the number of people tested in the US jumped to more than 58,000 from fewer than 2,000.

Trying to install fear in the population by posting explosive data that will be shown to be false when testing is done on a larger scale is a sign of poor intellect. Let us not play on a grade school level...

·
Registered
84 Posts
With all this great country has blessed me and my family with over my lifetime I guess me and my family giving up a month or two for quarantine to protect my ourselves or others from getting sick is well worth it. Do I like it ? No. But we will get by and hope every one else will also.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
811 Posts
STUPIDITY has taken over here also.

You can't fix Stupid. 👍

Just go ahead stick your head a rock. As for me, if I can get the stupid fools out of my way I'm going to move on business as usual.

Oh yeah people die every day "with" a cold but they don't died "from" the cold it's the other comorbidities.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Smart move. The risk while on the trails themselves is almost non-existent, but riders don't stay on the trails. We eat at local restaurants, stay at local hotels/cabins, shop at local stores, and buy gas at at local stations. WV has a low infection rate right now and their governor is trying to keep it that way. A bunch of outsiders from places with higher infection rates isn't going to help.

I'm signed up for a 3-day guided ride on outlaw trails in April and will probably cancel because the sleeping arrangements are bunkhouse style. I'm not interested in sharing a house and bunk rooms with people from all over the midwest and southeast and since my locality has a growing infection rate I'd be endangering others, even though I have no symptoms and have been working at home for a couple weeks. I'd not only be endangering the people I'm with, but the people at every store, gas station, and restaurant during the trip.

·
Registered
228 Posts

You can't fix Stupid.

Just go ahead stick your head a rock. As for me, if I can get the stupid fools out of my way I'm going to move on business as usual.

Oh yeah people die every day "with" a cold but they don't died "from" the cold it's the other comorbidities.
Please go one conducting your business as usual. As am I. I have however adjusted to the situation. If you have not adjusted, you my friend are the stupid fool. Stupid fools are what have made the leaders step up and lead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
561 Posts
The Facts And The Figures Don’t Lie. Its Ugly In Italy.

Maybe You’ll Understand This.

Pretty Sure President Trump Didn’t Put This Into His 2020 Play Book As A Campaign Stunt.
Let’s Piss Off Every American And Lock Them In Their Homes And Kill The Stock Market And Job Growth We Have Accomplished The Past 3.5 Years. Just For Shits And Giggles!!
Yeah That’s A Real Re Election Strategy!

But Than Again Maybe Another World Leader Has A Master Plan For 2020?

President Trump Has The Facts And The Support Around Him To Justify The Actions Taken.
It Is Not Pretty. But It Has Been Necessary. And This Action Will Save Tens Of Thousands Of American Lives If The Public Follows Along.

And Keeping The Distance Is What This Is All About Right Now.

Please If You’re Moving On As Usual At Least Respect The People You May Come In Contact With That Are Working To Provide Healthcare And Day To Day Products For Us All.

PLEASE KEEP YOUR DISTANCE!!

Thanks,
Rick

·
Vendor
1,611 Posts

You can't fix Stupid. 👍

People with attitudes like yours are what is forcing states to do complete lock downs.
Sorry, you're being really selfish.
And for the life of me, I don't know what a "comorbidities" is? It does sound however, like something you should die from.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I was there last week and had plans to go next week but we cancelled right before we got notice of the trails closing. All bars and restaurants are closed in west va except for carry out and delivery also.

Yeah, it’s going to hurt many of the small business there that depend on atv riders for their livelihood, but it’s necessary imo. The ignorance of many on this (and other) boards is amazing to me. This is nothing at all like the flu or a cold. One look at Italy’s er rooms should show you that...or the fact that medical ships are setting up shop on the coasts. I’d rather over react and error on the conservative side vs the alternatives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
632 Posts
For all the ones that is staying at home in there houses make sure you guys dont go outside and ride your rzrs until this passes as you may get the virus... let's all stay safe now!

·
Registered
32 Posts
For the people on here that think this is just over blown BS. That Italy is socialized health care. Here is a news flash. New York’s healthcare is completely strained. They are running out of PPE, they don’t have enough ventilators, their healthcare worker are scared. Partly because they didn’t act fast enough (none of us have). The economic value does not equal the loss of life. Guys and girls this has only been going on here on our American soil for what two weeks ago was New Yorks first case. Come on, the reality of this is smacking us all in the face. I am and always have been pro business and an honest days work is worth an honest days wage. Have been a Hugh Trump supporter and still believe he is trying to do the best he can in a bad situation. But people if you are not heeding the warnings of the medical personal. Please start. By all means I wished this wasn’t so. Trust me I have truck payment, got my wife and daughters car payments house payment and all the utilities that comes with it. But I’d rather worry about that at a late. Yes it will suck, but if one person is saved because of all of this it will be worth it. I know the argument of people die everyday, and if it’s my time to go then that’s what the Lord wants. That’s an easy statement to make until it’s you or your family. Everybody wants to go to Heave, just not right now. Think of your neighbors, put yourself to the side, not long (hopefully).
I don’t want the government telling me what to do, same as everyone else don’t want that. However if people dont listen and heed these warnings. You are going to see it get much worse. You know we all have our own personal responsibilities. And we have our toys that we love to ride. I still ride mine. But I don’t gather in crowd. I’ll go in the mountains by myself or with a friend or two. But we don’t stand nose to nose and talk. We ride. I do a lot of yard work and tinker on my RZR TRE man I can spend day after day with that thing. But I don’t go on HM trails they closed. But I also go to store for the elderly in my community I leave it at their door. And they give me the money for it in their mail box. Ther is a lot of things you could do too except belly aching on here or anywhere else how it sucks that you can’t ride your rzr. People are struggling. I encourage you to get off your..A*.. and help your community out. One of the biggest problems today is people only caring about themselves. It’s all about (me) and F** everyone else attitude. Well this country was founded on Americans banding together to help those that need help. But there is no compassion, empathy, or even love for your fellow Americans anymore. That’s my last post on this. Do as you may, I personally don’t have time to listen to the crying or really even commenting on the foolishness on here. but nobody wants this, this is what has to be and needs to be done. Love your neighbor help if you can. And if you can’t that’s ok we understand that too.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
With all this great country has blessed me and my family with over my lifetime I guess me and my family giving up a month or two for quarantine to protect my ourselves or others from getting sick is well worth it. Do I like it ? No. But we will get by and hope every one else will also.

Very well said!!!
There's not enough people putting others first. More need to put the elderly friends and family over money and entertainment.

21 - 40 of 84 Posts